Changing TPMS value for Alfa 4C

multiecuscan program usage help
Y Cymro

Changing TPMS value for Alfa 4C

Post by Y Cymro » 21 Feb 2021, 15:32

My 4C is used on track with race tyres as well as on the road with ordinary tyres and each type requires different tyre pressures - the race tyre pressures are lower than the road ones when cold but warm up to a higher temperature.
I don’t want to switch off TPMS but would like to be able to set a lower pressure for when the warning light comes on.

Is the warning light threshold set in the ‘front/rear pressure reference’ parameter of the TPMS ECU and if so should I set the required pressure for when I want the warning light to come on, or the normal running pressure (so that the ECU calculates a lower pressure as a percentage of the normal pressure).

Another parameter allows the pressure reference to be set when warm - I assume the parameter for ‘pressure reference’ (without including the word ‘warm’) is the reference when cold?

shpuncik

Re: Changing TPMS value for Alfa 4C

Post by shpuncik » 24 Feb 2021, 15:03

is that US or EU car?

Y Cymro

Post by Y Cymro » 24 Feb 2021, 17:59

Hi
That’s a UK car, but I’d be surprised if the parameters are named differently?

Y Cymro

Post by Y Cymro » 26 Feb 2021, 16:42

Y Cymro wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 15:32
My 4C is used on track with race tyres as well as on the road with ordinary tyres and each type requires different tyre pressures - the race tyre pressures are lower than the road ones when cold but warm up to a higher temperature.
I don’t want to switch off TPMS but would like to be able to set a lower pressure for when the warning light comes on.

Is the warning light threshold set in the ‘front/rear pressure reference’ parameter of the TPMS ECU and if so should I set the required pressure for when I want the warning light to come on, or the normal running pressure (so that the ECU calculates a lower pressure as a percentage of the normal pressure).

Another parameter allows the pressure reference to be set when warm - I assume the parameter for ‘pressure reference’ (without including the word ‘warm’) is the reference when cold?
Having tested this I can confirm that as expected the setting are the threshold triggers.
‘Front Wheel Pressure Reference’ is the cold threshold beneath which the dashboard warning light illuminates, ‘Front Wheel Pressure Reference When Warm’ is the warning light threshold when the tyres are hot. Same for the rears.