Alfa Giulia- some modules scan, others not..

multiecuscan program usage help
bunrotha

Alfa Giulia- some modules scan, others not..

Post by bunrotha » 18 Dec 2020, 18:13

Hi-

Having traded my 2015 Giulietta for a 2019 Giulia QF (thoughts and prayers for my wallet..) I wanted to check an error, so dug out my OBDLink SX adapter.
I am up to date with MES v4.7
When I connect, engine running, using the A5 (blue) adapter, I can only see 7 modules, certainly not all the ones I'd expect from the supported modules list, and see a few "unknown/unsupported." Scan shows nothing else. No engine. I'm sure the car has one! Yes, I can see that when not using the adapter, before anyone says..

This model will have a security gateway, but since all I want to do is read the codes and parameters for now, that should be ok...?

There appears to be no rhyme or reason to which modules have shown up. For example, I can see the two blind spot sensors, but not the two active aerodynamic modules- which is what I wanted to look at. They are listed to use the same adapter, A5, and are both listed as supported in MES v4.7.
I can see:
ETM (unsupported) - entertainment telematic module
EMCM
DSCM (unsupported) - drive style control module
HVAC
CSWM
LBSS
RBSS.

I can connect OK to read values from those modules I do see in a scan, but cannot connect to anything else.

My first thoughts are- does the SGW module interfere selectively, or are different modules slightly differently implemented, so that I can't see everything without a tweak?

Any thoughts are welcome at this point.

Cheers,
Nick

EDIT: In another thread, others have confirmed they have the same issue re active aerodynamic modules. Looks like I have to wait for news.

bowdenandymecom

Re: Alfa Giulia- some modules scan, others not..

Post by bowdenandymecom » 10 Jan 2021, 13:42

My Quadrifoglio is pre-SGW and I have multiplex MES. So I can't fully comment.

Some ECUs of the Giulia need the blue cable, some the grey and some none. Look at the Giulia Quadrifoglio in the Supported Vehicles section of the MES website for details.

My understanding is that the SGW will not stop you reading the ECUs, but will only stop you resetting DTCs and controlling actuators.

There is a 4.7R1 which solves the splitter issue, though it's not formally released yet.

Andy