Fiat 500 multiair oil change reset

multiecuscan program usage help
INKNIRON

Fiat 500 multiair oil change reset

Post by INKNIRON » 23 Nov 2020, 21:41

Ive owned and self serviced two Fiat 500 multiairs for three years with no problems, ive now read about the oil change "adaptive parameter" reset on the multiecuscan, does this really make any difference?

In nearly all service guides ive watched and read about this is never mentioned?

Any help, guidance or info appreciated............ :?

s130

Re: Fiat 500 multiair oil change reset

Post by s130 » 24 Nov 2020, 08:35

This is an interesting service oil change action.

I have a 2015 500X. For two years it was main dealer serviced. For it's 3rd year service I took it to a new independent garage set up by the Fiat Senior/Master Technician who used to work for the main dealer who used to work at the same main dealer.

At my 3rd year service I asked if the oil reset had been done and was told that the latest Fiat WiTECH software did not have this function. So I ran the procedure myself with MES.

For the 4th/5th year service my idependent guy said he had done the oil service reset as it was now vailable on the latest Fiat WiTECH kit.

So this probably explains why you have not read about the oil changed reset as it apppears that it was not supported by Fiat till the last couple of years.

Pesonally I would run the procedure as it can't do any harm. As with many modern car mechanicals and electronics the systems now have built in self adaptive parameters/adjustments designed to keep systems operating at their optimum taking into account new components and/or general wear.

You will also note that the 500X MultiAir has a reset procedure for even a cam belt change. All designed to reset/relearn all the timing signals etc.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

INKNIRON

Post by INKNIRON » 24 Nov 2020, 10:02

Thanks for reply :)

Having done all my own repairs/servicing for the last 35 odd yrs im trying to keep up with the latest innovations! :roll:

s130

Post by s130 » 24 Nov 2020, 11:30

I'm on 48 years of doing all my own servicing etc. when out of manufacturers warranty.

Needless to say it gets more physically challenging as you get older and of course technology moves forwards rapidly. The FCA SGW (Secure Gateway) is a new stumbling block and in a couple of years time the industry will be using secure/encrypted CAN in the EU required by legislation.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus