Setting Alarm mode (country)

multiecuscan program usage help
Andy107

Setting Alarm mode (country)

Post by Andy107 » 20 Sep 2020, 17:17

Hi, I am trying to turn off the horn beep after locking the car with the remote. I have a US Fiat 500e with a factory installed alarm. The internet says that switching the respective setting in "CAN-Setup / PROXY Algignment Procedure (500e 2016+)" from "USA" to "Netherlands" will turn off the anoying beeps.

Well, I have been playing with these settings and nothing changed but that I now have a second beep (!) about 15 seconds after the normal beep confirming the locking statuts. Not exactly what I wanted...

First thing after you change the alarm mode (country) is of course to perform a PROXY alignment. This works fine and the the settings show "Netherlands" from now on. but as said above nothing changed - other than that it now beeps twice.

However, I figured, that I did not read the notes well enough. On the PROXY alignment tab it reads: "NOTE: The "Indicators Command" and "Alarm Country Mode" will be restored to the factory default value after this procedure. You may need to connect to the Body Computer and correct these settings after execution of this procedure (you need to know your vehicle's 5-digit security code to do that)."

I know my 5 digit security number as I was adding a new key before but what does the sentence above mean? I perform the proxy alignment, then these settings are restored to the factory default and I need to correct these settings in the Body Computer. How do I do that? When connected to "Body Computer Delphi (500e)" I do have only 3 option where I can adjust things: "Power Supply Mode (Logistic Mode)", "Rearm inertia switch (FIS)" and "Key programming". Do I need to perform the key programming procedure? Am I missing something?

I hope you can give me some assistance here!

One other issue: turning off the seat belt alarm does only work until I lock the car. Then it beeps again. Any solution for this?

Cheers,
Andy

mifiik

Re: Setting Alarm mode (country)

Post by mifiik » 13 Oct 2020, 13:31

Hi,

I tried the same on my 2016 model of 500e. So far no success turning the honk off when locking the car. However I found another workaround: replacing the horn for the air horn. It seems to have a short delay which prevents sound while locking the car.

BTW, did not you try to decrease the motor torque to increase the range?

Cheers.

Andy107

Post by Andy107 » 25 Oct 2020, 21:21

Hi mifiik,

Thanks for your reply! Yani could help. After reviewing my proxy, he suggested to alter one more byte and it did the trick! No more beep when locking the car with the remote. I still have to check whether the entire alarm is disabled or just the beep when locking (and engaging the alarm system).

I did not yet extend the range. How did you do this?

One thing I would really like to do is turn off the seat belt warning chime. I do not mind the alarm while driving at all – I wear a seatbelt but I think the beeps when starting the car without being buckled really annoys me! Yani said that this is not so easy. On the web you see stories that the Fiat dealer is able to turn it off. If that is true then there should be an option with MES I would think. Anybody here has an idea.

Finally, It would be a good thing to collect all tweaks for the Fiat 500e. I know quite a few who would be interested.

Cheers,
Andy

Twain0

Post by Twain0 » 04 Oct 2021, 09:44

Hi Andy

My Girlfriend just purchased a California 500e and the horn @lock is very annoing.

Could you provide the details how you solved out the problem? What are the MES steps to go trough to get rid of the horn while locking?

A)
B)
C)...

We have MES 4.7 and a working modified ELM327 interface.

Many thansk!