2012 Ducato 250FL - oil light "out of range"

multiecuscan program usage help
Bursty

2012 Ducato 250FL - oil light "out of range"

Post by Bursty » 05 Aug 2020, 10:00

Hi All,

Mandatory first post question coming up (sorry).
I have a 2012 Fiat Ducato 2.3 JTD (250FL 130 m-jet) MH with Marelli 8F3 engine ECU. It was serviced last month and the oil is brand new but the "change engine oil" message came up on the dash at the weekend and the oil light is flashing.
I've bought MultiECUScan with license and also the Gendan OBDLinx hardware kit with all the adapters to make sure i'd got the correct adapters etc.
I've managed to rest the KM service interval and date (using adapter 3) and i can access engine data etc when connected (no connection errors that i can see) but when i try to execute the oil light reset (for engines with DPF) it simply won't do it and come back with some error about "... out of range".

This has probably been asked a dozen times but i can't find anything about this specific error, the search results usually blame incorrect OBD adapters etc, which i would hope mine isn't having ordered the one recommended in the help doc's.

Possibly connected to the above is that when i access engine parameters there are a lot of DPF related values that don't show up and i'm not sure that's normal or an indicator of something more serious. It says it's had 70 re-gens, 1 interrupted one, 5 since last oil change, and a few others, but it doesn't show any values for filter clog %, regen process, fliter status, and a few others, almost as if it isn't fitted with a DPF (it is, i looked) or can't get that data.

A scan also says i've only got 3 ECU's in my Ducato, the Marelli 8F3 engine ECM, 250FL body ECm, and the ABS9. Under-spec'd or normal?

Any help or pointers would be very much appreciated because we're going away in it next week and i don't want it to drop into limp mode.

s130

Re: 2012 Ducato 250FL - oil light "out of range"

Post by s130 » 05 Aug 2020, 11:41

Don't recall seeing this or similar in the forums for the oil change reset.

Sounds like your kit is working perfectly OK but there is some other issue.

Suggest you contact try again and use the Send Report red button (lower right of screen) and then contact MES support.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Bursty

Re: 2012 Ducato 250FL - oil light "out of range"

Post by Bursty » 05 Aug 2020, 12:07

Thank you for the prompt reply.
I'm glad i haven't missed something when i searched, i know some forums hate where all the posts are the same question and no-one has bothered to do their own homework or read the FAQ's.

I'll get on the "send report" thing tonight. For the reason above, i thought i'd try to fix it myself first before sending error reports because it does seem like the kit is working (to my noob eye at any rate).

A second question occurs to me - should i see all the ECU's listed for my vehicle type? I realise i won't have a gearbox ECU because it's not an auto, but surely i should see a dashboard ECU, an AC ECU, an airbag ECU, and maybe a steering ECU (are they all fitted with electric steering?). I don't have comm's to any of those and they don't appear in the ECU scan either.