Alfa 159 Cruise Control Retrofit - Not Detected

multiecuscan program usage help
borislavpixely

Alfa 159 Cruise Control Retrofit - Not Detected

Post by borislavpixely » 27 Feb 2020, 16:59

Hello,

I retrofitted cruise control on my Alfa Romeo 159, 2008, 1.9 JTDm 16v (the wire look was already there so it was easy to just plug in), however it does not detect it. The buttons do nothing. I've turned the car off multiple times, disconnected the battery and tested at higher speeds - it doesn't work.

In MES, I ran a proxi alignment and upon connection it said "It is configured correctly, alignment is not needed.", so in the proxy settings I enabled the Cruise Control Light, because that's the only thing related to cruise control, and then I ran a proxi alignment which was Successful. Then in Engine > ECU I ran the self-learn function and that was also Successful. It didn't work again. No light. No functionality. Nothing.

I've read on forums that other people have managed to do this easily, some have not.
In MES, when looking at the parameters for Cruise Control values - it is blank. Not detecting any values.

Does anyone know what I need to do to get it to work?
Last edited by borislavpixely on 08 Mar 2020, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

shpuncik

Re: Alfa 1.9 Cruise Control Retrofit - Not Detected

Post by shpuncik » 06 Mar 2020, 15:19

Firstly state car model.
Secondly what values live data shows under engine ECU when buttons are pressed?

Could be bad wirining or bad cruise control stalk

borislavpixely

Re: Alfa 1.9 Cruise Control Retrofit - Not Detected

Post by borislavpixely » 08 Mar 2020, 16:35

Oh, sorry, I thought I wrote it.. edited post now.
It's an Alfa Romeo 159, 2008 (facelift), 1.9 JTDm 16v
There are no values in MES for all cruise control parameters (stalk position, possible operation, engaged/disengaged etc.)
It's blank for all of them. Doesn't show anything.

Also, I was testing this at the place from which I purchased the stalk and we tried using a stalk from another 159 and it still didn't work.
So I guess we'll have to check the wiring.

leoerqui

Re: Alfa 159 Cruise Control Retrofit - Not Detected

Post by leoerqui » 22 Apr 2020, 17:49

Hello,

Could you solve the problem? The same happens to me, but with the Fiat Argo 1.8 (same bcm as renegade 1.8).
I installed cruise control buttons, enable option with MES, proxy alignment ok, but button lights don't turn on