Software version on idea nad musa denso climate control unit

multiecuscan program usage help
m.a.l.f.a

Software version on idea nad musa denso climate control unit

Post by m.a.l.f.a » 22 Feb 2020, 07:46

Hello!
Displays of the climate control of my 2009 Musa are dead.
Multiecuscan can not connect to the climate can point. Emergency flasher and windscreen heating buttons are working, so I guess the control unit is dead.
I thought idea an musa of all years are the same just the cover color is different an easily can be changed.
As I am browsing through the offers I can see a SW code like SWEC27 or SWEB02 on the stickers with the spare part number.
Might this be a software number? Do I need the same software number I currently have or is this just an internal thing and the proxy alignment will also work with different software numbers on my car?
Thank you

shpuncik

Re: Software version on idea nad musa denso climate control unit

Post by shpuncik » 24 Feb 2020, 13:51

you could check ePER for right part number or if you have your's part number or VIN PM me and I'll check

m.a.l.f.a

Post by m.a.l.f.a » 28 Feb 2020, 12:07

Seems i can‘t pm yet.
I got the same part number with the same sw number from internet.
Attached it, still black.
Ran the scan can node from climate control not found
Ran the proxi alignment no effect. Climate node is marked as „removed“ in body computer.
+ and - is there, screen heater and emergency flasher working but the new climate unit failing the same way like the old.
Whats next? Check cables? Seems impossible...

shpuncik

Post by shpuncik » 28 Feb 2020, 15:22

if climate control is completely dead first thing is to check if fuses are OK. also problem could be in CAN wiring if with new and old climate control under "Body - CAN info" in MES it is displayed as not active. proxi won't help in this case until you won't make your climate control unit go online onto the CAN network

m.a.l.f.a

Post by m.a.l.f.a » 28 Feb 2020, 16:22

Thx.
Two fuses are listed in elearn for climate control, both work.
Also the current arrives on the pin of the plug. Also ground is present on the right pin.
Would, even if can wire is dead, be the climate control completely off with no light on display or switches? Or is this a sign for no current?
How to check the can wire? It’s going somewhere behind the dashboard, so nearly impossible to follow.

shpuncik

Post by shpuncik » 28 Feb 2020, 18:45

as you have eLEARN then using wiring diagram you can try to test your climate control on table - connecting +12 and negative should bring module at least to life. I doubt that faulty CAN could make climate control to stay in OFF position.

also if you checked for current and ground on climate plug with multimeter I'd test it also with test light or at least use bulb - if there is damage somewhere in wire multimeter can read +12/GND but when load is connected voltage would drop and all those volts would be gone.

m.a.l.f.a

Post by m.a.l.f.a » 01 Mar 2020, 18:21

Finally found it. Bad contact in a connector above the footwell.
Thank you for your help!