OBDLink LX Problems.

multiecuscan program usage help
Ted Pea

OBDLink LX Problems.

Post by Ted Pea » 13 Jul 2019, 14:12

Hi,
I'm trying to use MES using my nice green bluetooth OBDLink LX, purchased last year.
It's around a year since I've used MES, and I've had a frustrating time connecting to the interface (an hour of swearing)
When scanning for interfaces, I don't get a nicely filled in window, just four instances of 'none' and I've been manually setting up ports.
I've checked whether my Microsoft firewall will let MES through, and it lists Com3 and Com4 as being used (one in, and one out)
Eventually, I do get connected to the engine module, though I don't know why it's so glitchy.
The completely annoying thing is being unable to connect to the body module using the yellow adaptor, as I want to investigate the Stop/Start system.
(There's three things to tick, regarding the SS in the engine module, but they don't seem to do anything, and it's not very intuitive as to what they mean)

Question !) then, is Is there a fundamental problem with my OBDLink bluetooth adaptor, and my Fiat 500's body computer?
Question 2) If so, should I get a wired USB adaptor instead?
Question 3) I think there's added support for OBDLink in the current version, so should I pay another fifty quid?

(I'm not very techie, so please excuse my wording, and yes, I haven't sat and read the instructions properly, and also, I'm away from my car at the mo.)

Any help would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers, Ted.

s130

Re: OBDLink LX Problems.

Post by s130 » 13 Jul 2019, 17:17

I've never used a Bluetooth adapter so can not comment, but I gather some BT units can be a problem as can clone/Chinese/other wired interfaces.

I've only ever used wired KKL / ELM and OBDLINK interfaces from approved/recommended suppliers (can be a little more expensive but you get support) and have not had any issues personally.

If I were you I would go down the "wired" route as my first option.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus