Alfa Romeo 916 Spider - Can't connect to Engine ECU

multiecuscan program usage help
mineralman

Alfa Romeo 916 Spider - Can't connect to Engine ECU

Post by mineralman » 20 Jul 2017, 21:15

Can anybody with lots of experience with MultiECuscan and the KKL/VAG COM offer any help?

My car is a Alfa Spider 2.0 TS year 2000. I have a registered version of the software a the KKL/VAG Com cable with the 4 coloured adapters. I can to succesfully connect to the Airbag ECU using the red cable, and the ABS ECU using the green cable, but nothing else.

I'm trying to connect to the engine ECU, which as I understand it I should be able to do using the cable without an adapter. However I get nothing. Nada. I'm making sure the cable is properly connected and the ignition switch is in MAR.

I've tried connecting using both 'Spider 2.0 TS 16V' and the '98 2.0 TS 16V'. I'm not sure what the model of the engine ECU should be.

Any help would be much appreciated.

SuperG

Re: Alfa Romeo 916 Spider - Can't connect to Engine ECU

Post by SuperG » 18 Dec 2017, 20:16

You may have solved your issue from back in July 2017, but anyway...

I have a [1998] Alfa Spider 916 2.0 TS 16V (so a Phase 2 model like yours). I have the KKL cable from Gendan and I can connect to the car's ECU no problem. As you say, this is done with the standard cable without the need for a (coloured) adaptor cable connected. Your software/COM port setup etc should be good as you can connect to the Airbag and ABS.

I use the "98' 2.0 TS 16V" setting and the ECU for my 1998 model is a Bosch Motronic M1.5.5 - I got the software to scan the car to confirm this anyway.