Freemont - Configuring DRL

multiecuscan program usage help
haffonso

Freemont - Configuring DRL

Post by haffonso » 03 Jul 2017, 19:08

Dears,

After long time looking for a proper way to configure the DRL. I'm posting the screens to follow. It will integrate with Uconnect DRL option, which means that you can swithc on/off from the Uconnect 8.4 (not sure about 4.3)
Attachments
drl-config-3rd.png
Be sure to follow the country legislation
drl-config-3rd.png (78.52 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
drl-config-2nd.png
drl-config-2nd.png (54.76 KiB) Viewed 6408 times
drl-config-1st.png
drl-config-1st.png (78.32 KiB) Viewed 6408 times

haffonso

Re: Freemont - Configuring DRL

Post by haffonso » 03 Jul 2017, 19:11

Now the voltage part..
Itapplies to cars that follow Europe standards.
Attachments
drl-config-4th.png
drl-config-4th.png (59.66 KiB) Viewed 6407 times

keebo

Post by keebo » 05 Jul 2017, 11:16

Hi,

thanks for sharing!

Interestingly, but for me "Europe 3" doesn't work and doesn't show up in UConnect (8.4N).
I presume, if it was in Uconnect, then I could possible be able to switch it ON, but, no matter what, I don't see DRL option with "Europe 3".

On the contrary, "Canada" forks for me fine (high beam @ 6.8v + dropout, but there are no options in UConnect).

Could it be the version of radio software which makes the difference?

haffonso

Post by haffonso » 06 Jul 2017, 12:32

On the contrary, "Canada" forks for me fine (high beam @ 6.8v + dropout, but there are no options in UConnect).
That's the difference between canada and Europe 3 - Canada , as per their legislation, they can't turn the drl off and should keep on all the time.. Europe3 can shutdown and allow uconnect to manage it

keebo

Post by keebo » 06 Jul 2017, 13:10

haffonso wrote:That's the difference between canada and Europe 3 - Canada , as per their legislation, they can't turn the drl off and should keep on all the time.. Europe3 can shutdown and allow uconnect to manage it
That makes sense!..

Now I would like to find out why "Europe 3" isn't working in my car (and DRLs aren't shown amoung UConnect settings), although I'm having a European car, actually (and also given that Canada works for me).

haffonso, what version of UConnect radio software does your car have? Have you ever updated it? Because I did several times, after updates were made available. I'm currently running 15.09 and there's version 16.21 available also, which I haven't installed yet but thinking to do so.

haffonso

Post by haffonso » 07 Jul 2017, 23:09

euro3 you should see lighting wheb release the foot break and change from park to neutral

haffonso

Post by haffonso » 20 Aug 2017, 12:49

keebo wrote:
haffonso wrote:That's the difference between canada and Europe 3 - Canada , as per their legislation, they can't turn the drl off and should keep on all the time.. Europe3 can shutdown and allow uconnect to manage it
That makes sense!..

Now I would like to find out why "Europe 3" isn't working in my car (and DRLs aren't shown amoung UConnect settings), although I'm having a European car, actually (and also given that Canada works for me).

haffonso, what version of UConnect radio software does your car have? Have you ever updated it? Because I did several times, after updates were made available. I'm currently running 15.09 and there's version 16.21 available also, which I haven't installed yet but thinking to do so.
Euro3 just works when release the "foot breaker" and change the gear to out of P, if it doesnt show in Uconnect might also not work maybe the uconnect should have a update or if its 4.3 iguess it downst have such option.

keebo

Post by keebo » 20 Aug 2017, 15:39

Well, as I was saying, for me, unfortunately, Euro3 doesn't work no matter what: no lights, no uconnect settings :(
Canada mode works fine (sure I need to move gear out of P and depress Brake pedal), but there's no UConnect option, as we discussed before, and I would love to have it.
I've got uconnect 8.4N, with latest radio software installed.

khaledome

Post by khaledome » 10 May 2019, 10:38

Hi All,

DRL works fine for me in both canada and euro 3 modes but whatever I tried, I couldn't get the unconnect option to on-off day time running lights.
any advise?

ILaskov

Post by ILaskov » 27 Jun 2019, 20:17

Which System and Control Module are you connecting to the set up DRL? I cannot find it anywhare on Muliecuscan 4.4