replacing FIAT X/290 UConnect radio head unit

multiecuscan program usage help
broc

replacing FIAT X/290 UConnect radio head unit

Post by broc » 04 Jun 2017, 20:33

I want to replace the FIAT UConnect radio head unit in my X/290 Ducato vehicle & replace it with a different unit. I am told I will need to do a PROXI realignment after removing the unit to restore the date/time setting capability via the dashboard MODE buttons instead of via the head unit (as per an X/290 without factory fit radio) , however I have also seen suggestions I need to 'tell' the BODY Computer the vehicle now has an after-market radio fitted......

Can anyone confirm if this is the case, and if so how it might be achieved with MultiECUScan?

Thanks

Brian

alex-et3

Re: replacing FIAT X/290 UConnect radio head unit

Post by alex-et3 » 10 Jun 2017, 10:48

broc wrote:I want to replace the FIAT UConnect radio head unit in my X/290 Ducato vehicle & replace it with a different unit. I am told I will need to do a PROXI realignment after removing the unit to restore the date/time setting capability via the dashboard MODE buttons instead of via the head unit (as per an X/290 without factory fit radio) , however I have also seen suggestions I need to 'tell' the BODY Computer the vehicle now has an after-market radio fitted......

Can anyone confirm if this is the case, and if so how it might be achieved with MultiECUScan?

Thanks

Brian
I think if you change radio, you can not adjust the date and time, as in all cars with Uconnect.
In 500, for example, those without Uconnect, the instrument panel software is different.
The old Stilo, Bravo and Delta were different.

pmaf

Re: replacing FIAT X/290 UConnect radio head unit

Post by pmaf » 24 Jun 2017, 21:08

I think it is possible with a PROXI realignment on MultiECUScan

Maybe you need to do a Custom Proxy (Ctrl+Alt+c) and know the byte to change

I'm trying the inverse, put a FIAT UConnect radio head unit with rear camera on my X/290 Ducato