Service interval reset

multiecuscan program usage help
philbritton

Service interval reset

Post by philbritton » 28 May 2017, 13:34

I would appreciate any guidance that anyone can give regarding resetting the" Service interval" information under the Adjustments tab. I think that I am not understanding exactly what I am trying to set here as every time that I try to set the information it, I seem to get it wrong! What is the correct method, do you input the usual service interval from the handbook or something else? For example, each time I input 18000 miles as the interval I discover some other figures are set when I return to the parameters screen. Please help if you understand what I am attempting to do. All I wish to do is carry out oil changes at half the recommended intervals and once I have done the oil change then ensure the record is correct!

s130

Re: Service interval reset

Post by s130 » 28 May 2017, 15:29

Not all cars respond/allow the setting of some of the service parameters. MES lists all the possible parameters for Fiat vehicle Service Computers but attempting to change or set things like days before next service, mileage interval etc. may not work. In these cases then all you can do is a SERVICE RESET.

Regarding oil change then if you can't set a service distance of half the default value (e.g. 9000 miles instead of 18000) then all you need do is to do the oil change and then go to the Engine ECU Adjustments (not Service Computer) and initiate the oil change adjustment.

You could also do a Service Reset as well as the Oil Change reset but you will be running down the remaining Service Coupons. The car starts with 9. When it reaches 0 then you will get no more service warnings unless you use MES to set them back to 9 again.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

philbritton

Re: Service interval reset

Post by philbritton » 31 May 2017, 09:57

Thank you for your views. However, I have just discovered why the figures that I have been inputting have been corrupted, or so I thought! It appears that the figures that I need to change are input as kilometres and not miles!!! Once I converted the mileage to Kms then all is ok and the intervals are set up as I wished them to be. I should have paid more attention to doing it and maybe I would have discovered this earlier. Thank you again. Phil