Siemens 99 airbag failure.

multiecuscan program usage help
Jojjo

Siemens 99 airbag failure.

Post by Jojjo » 14 Mar 2010, 09:22

Hello.

Thanks for a fantastic software.

I hacked an ebay VAG cable and soldered a multiswitch to have 4 alternatives. Mine had 8 possible k-line alternatives to cut, so a multimeter to find no 7 is a must.

Main reason for the work was to find the airbag fault. It connects fine, finds the culprit, but can't remove it...

In the lower left corner it states that the latency is too high. This is set to 1, and hence, can't go lower. :)

I've tried to connect to every optional Siemens 99 ECU version given in the menu. Any ideas? See attached screendump below.
airbag avlesning.jpg
airbag avlesning.jpg (162.74 KiB) Viewed 3864 times

yani
Site Admin

Re: Siemens 99 airbag failure.

Post by yani » 14 Mar 2010, 10:49

You cannot delete the error because the problem which causes the error is not fixed.
It says the the indicated sensor has short circuit. You need to check the cable connections to that sensor first.

Yani

Jojjo

Post by Jojjo » 14 Mar 2010, 11:20

Aha, thanks. :)

I've had it erased by the Examiner before, but it has showed up after a couple of starts again. I have bought a new impact sensor, ready to install if the connections are ok. I just wanted to reset the fault, and check if it was the same one to come up again - like a doublecheck. It cost too much to get it done at the Fiat garage, so I'll contribute with a donation soon. To reset a fault like this at Fiat (they estimate 30 minutes, I estimate 3 minutes) they want £65GBP.

Just waiting for warmer and better climate... Still negative temperature outside and 1,5 meters of snow...

Regards, Morten.
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2. Ex: Ritmo Abarth 130TC. Ex: Uno 1.1 ieS. Ex: Stilo 1.6.

Jojjo

Post by Jojjo » 15 Mar 2010, 17:41

But how to I fix the "serial port latency too high"? Latency is set at the lowest.

Regards, Morten.

Jojjo

Post by Jojjo » 22 Mar 2010, 08:16

yani wrote:You cannot delete the error because the problem which causes the error is not fixed.
It says the the indicated sensor has short circuit. You need to check the cable connections to that sensor first.

Yani
Problem solved. Connectors were ok, but the sensor itself was fried. After the sensor was changed, the fault could be erased. I had hoped it would clear itself after 3 clean starts, but I had to use your program to erase it. Fantastic. Hope you got my donation. ;)