MultiEcuScan won't work on my Panda

multiecuscan program usage help
BertP

MultiEcuScan won't work on my Panda

Post by BertP » 22 Sep 2016, 09:41

Hello,

I have a Fiat Panda from 2008 1.2 liter with an airbag warning light on. For my other car (Citroen) I have a full dealer level diagnose software program on my computer, so I thought let’s get this for my Fiat Panda also.

I downloaded MultiEcuScan (MES) en I bought a ELM 327 USB V1,5a module on the internet. When I want to connect to the vehicle, I get the messages “connected to ECU” with immediately after that “time out of connection”. And that is it.

I spent the last couple of days on the internet to read about MES and the cables I need, but I do not understand it any more. For my Citroen I have only 1 cable with OBD plug and that is all you need. I can read engine faults and program keys with one device / cable.

Can someone please explain to me what I have to buy or do to get the MES work, so I can read the airbag fault?

Thanks,

Bert

s130

Re: MultiEcuScan won't work on my Panda

Post by s130 » 22 Sep 2016, 15:43

A Panda bought new in 2008 is most probably the Panda '03 as far as MES is concerned. Only way to confirm/deny this is by your chassis number. Unless you have the TRW Airbag 2 (Ep - PROXI) air bag computer which is a CAN Bus device you will need a KL connection/interface with KL3 adaptor cable.

If MES can connect to the other CAN Bus systems (e.g. Instrument Panel, Delphi Power Steering) then it is unlikely to be a classic clone ELM issue with the terminator resistors.

If you have the TRW MY99 Airbag ECU then this may be very similar to the TRW MY97 Airbag ECU that is used in the Barchetta.

I can speak from personal experience with my Barchetta (TRW MY97) that and ELM device WILL NOT connect to the ECU. Instead you have to use a KKL Interface Device. These are common and cheap to buy and to my knowledge they all work OK with MES. However I always recommend getting ELM and KKL units from one of the recommended suppliers (http://www.multiecuscan.net/Distributors.aspx) as these devices are tested to work with MES with no issues.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Ez2517

Re: MultiEcuScan won't work on my Panda

Post by Ez2517 » 23 Oct 2016, 18:02

Thanks for the info, I was looking for infos because I couldnt connect to the airbag of my 2000 barchetta. I use a VAG/KKL interface with the selector switch set to 7, no driver installation was required on Windows 10, and now after I selected the correct airbag type (TRW MY97 2F-2P (whatever that means)) I could connect and reset the fault code.

Brandy

ThomasTedsmall

MultiEcuScan wont work on my Panda

Post by ThomasTedsmall » 26 Dec 2016, 04:32

I cant promise Ill be able to help at all, but can you post the audio bits from dxdiag output?