liecence expired

multiecuscan program usage help
mick916

liecence expired

Post by mick916 » 31 Jul 2015, 15:09

Hi just had a message saying licence expired on my multiecuscan and has locked me off is this right i thought when i bought the licence it was open ended?

mattydr67

Re: liecence expired

Post by mattydr67 » 01 Aug 2015, 18:27

- The License is also valid for 1-YEAR FREE UPDATES of the multiecuscan software.
After 1 year you can continue to use the software forever, but you will not be able to update it.
The price of additional 1-YEAR updates is the same as the regular REGISTERED License price (50 EUR).

Check first iof you have the license for more then an year. If not contact Mr. Yani
Because you made double post for same think in double place then I repayed to you here too
Good luck

s130

Re: liecence expired

Post by s130 » 02 Aug 2015, 20:57

OK .. I've not yet upgraded to V2.6 so I'll assume there is not a V2.6 update license issue.

For a long time now, since Fiat ECUScan V1.6 (2010) the program has not been free.

From Fiat ECUScan V1.7 onwards (June 2010) a license purchased was a lifetime license.

In August 2012 MultiECUScan V1.0 was released and I believe/recall that:

1) All existing Fiat ECUScan paid licenses were still lifetime valid for MultiECUScan (works for me)
2) New MultiECUScan licenses were only valid for 1 year. During that year you could upgrade as many times as a new version was available. After the year then your last version would be lifetime valid. If you wanted / needed to get a later version (e.g. to support a new car) then a new license was/is required.

If you have a different view/expectation/understanding then you need to contact MES support for clarification/ratification.

This won't help but I guess we all have to understand that every new program/product (e.g. FiatECUScan V1.0) starts life with zero users and builds up a larger user community and at the same time lots of new adopters/testers/etc. Part of the acceptable/respected new product program usage and testing is to offer early adopters a "unique/special/lifetime" deal for their trust, loyalty, testing, etc.... At some point a decision is made by the developer to either give up, stay income/business restricted, or go fully commercial.

MES is now (and has been for some time) a fully commercial business.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus