Problem Proxy - Grande Punto

multiecuscan program usage help
TribesMan

Problem Proxy - Grande Punto

Post by TribesMan » 25 Feb 2015, 18:54

So I had this strange problem today. The owner of Grande Punto t-jet I was working on had removed the original radio receiver and replaced it with aftermarket unit. Because of that the odometer was flashing. So I tried to make a proxy alignment. But when I tried to connect to CAN proxy unit first the Airbag warning light came on (together with the beeps), then the error showed up on the screen of the laptop... This is from the log file:

Reading CAN configuration data ...
Unreliable communication detected!

So I tried to connect to all other ECUs. And they all worked, except Airbag, and Proxy. So I guess the "adapter 3" is working OK, because I could easily connect to every other ECU that needs this adapter.

I tried at least 10 times. No change.

Then I tried to use Grande punto Van, just for test... And I got the same airbag error, but it connected to the proxy! And I could perform Proxy alignment, but of course it failed because Airbag ECU was "EOL Failed"... whatever that means.

Any idea what is going on there?
I guess the ELM (or the adapter) is not a problem, since I can connect to other ECUs that use this bus (Service, Body, Climate, ...), also proxy "worked" when I selected protocol from grande punto Van. But what is going on with Airbag ECU, that it reports error when you try to connect to proxy unit?

Nomsodroi

Re: Problem Proxy - Grande Punto

Post by Nomsodroi » 08 Apr 2015, 03:34

This post is very good news to post here I read, I'm feeling that overtook the world.