Help Making adjustments to the Headlight Washers?

multiecuscan program usage help
Sweetaz

Help Making adjustments to the Headlight Washers?

Post by Sweetaz » 17 Jan 2015, 16:25

When I connect to 'Body computer Marelli' under the 'Body' system . I select Headlight washers under parameters and can see that they are switched off. Under Actuators I can execute the headlight washers and they proceed to squirt water at the head lights. However I cannot seem to find under any of the system menus of multiecuscan the option to enable them. Does anyone have any ideas? Many thanks.

Alfa 147 Selespeed.

s130

Re: Help Making adjustments to the Headlight Washers?

Post by s130 » 17 Jan 2015, 18:33

I think you are misunderstanding the parameters view.

Generally speaking the parameter view tells you the *current* state/value of the device.

If you connect again you will see the washes as being off. Now manually activate the washers and the parameter view for the washers should change to their current state. i.e. On/Running or what ever is the appropriate value for that washer parameter.

Nick
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Sweetaz

Re: Help Making adjustments to the Headlight Washers?

Post by Sweetaz » 18 Jan 2015, 00:23

Thanks for your reply. First day using the software today so trying to find my way around it. I purchased the software mainly for the PROXI align as I fitted a replacement climate control unit and the odometer was continually flashing. Managed to sort that today and also read the error that caused a 'Motor Control system Failure' to appear the other day. All in all a very useful tool.

It appears the head light washers only work when the lights are switched on, makes sense really. This could explain why I was having trouble getting my head around it.

Thanks again.