Proxi realignment on Fiat 500 Abarth

multiecuscan program usage help
ChrisRob

Proxi realignment on Fiat 500 Abarth

Post by ChrisRob » 09 Jul 2014, 02:17

Hello, first post :)

I recently purchased a 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth. I am going to be installing a custom aftermarket NAV/audio system in the car (Clarion/Alpine, 800W). I just discovered that replacing the factory head unit with an aftermarket unit (Clarion) will generate a syncronization error and cause the odometer in the car to start flashing. My understanding is this can be corrected by doing a "Proxi realignment" whcih I believe syncronizes the system as to what modules are, or are not installed. I would like to know if the free or registered versions of Multiecuscan have the ability to do a realignment of this type. Thanks for any information!

alfa156sarajevo

Re: Proxi realignment on Fiat 500 Abarth

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 07 Aug 2014, 21:16

In general Proxy procedure is made for that kind of problems. So it should work.
But does it really works you can only know by trying to do it on your car.
Or to wait here for someone to write here the solution.
Maybe one member who have same or similar problem can help you.
But I personally think maybe you will wait too long for solution...
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

DGinUK

Post by DGinUK » 30 Mar 2020, 12:15

hi

im looking to do something similar with my 500 but take the stock 5in uConncect head unit out and replaced with the larger 7in uConnect unit with AppleCarPlay. ive got the head unit, need a GPS dongle (from ebay) and then i'll try and fit. if i get dashboard flashes i'll order the needed cable and try the free version, else i'll get the 50 Euro version. i'll let you know :)

DGinUK

Post by DGinUK » 03 Apr 2020, 15:53

hi

so i have the odb cable and yellow connector, with the free version of Multiecuscan you can only Scan to see what modules are connected to your car and CAN info. everything else is red. going to get the full version now as i need to test the new head unit :)

DGinUK

Post by DGinUK » 10 Apr 2020, 16:23

So, got gps dingle and fitted... Radio surround needs about 1mm shaved off so 7in screen fits.... Just waiting on fiat to get back to me so I can order radio code.....blasted virus..... I looked and if I could dump nand etc the code can be recovered from there.....alittle over my head with out instructions 😂 I also have cable and full multiecuscan and have had a play, I did try proxi alight uconnect but it errored... I think I have to use the non uconnect one? As I put old head unit back and it miles was flashing and the non uconnect one worked.... All fun and games
DGinUK wrote:
30 Mar 2020, 12:15
hi

im looking to do something similar with my 500 but take the stock 5in uConncect head unit out and replaced with the larger 7in uConnect unit with AppleCarPlay. ive got the head unit, need a GPS dongle (from ebay) and then i'll try and fit. if i get dashboard flashes i'll order the needed cable and try the free version, else i'll get the 50 Euro version. i'll let you know :)