service coupons

multiecuscan program usage help
rhett71

service coupons

Post by rhett71 » 25 Jul 2013, 19:47

Hi Yani,
Can you please explain the service coupon logic and let me know what I should set it to after carrying out my own service of the car?
regards
Rhett

s130

Re: service coupons

Post by s130 » 26 Jul 2013, 10:02

This is how Service Coupons work on the Fiat Croma and Fiat Stilo Abarth. I assume they work the same across most modern Fiat & Alfa cars.

The Service Coupn Counter starts at 9 and every time the car is given a Service Reset then the counter is decreased by 1 and the next service date/mileage is increased accordingly (usually by 365 days and/or 18,000 miles). When this period (days and/or mileage) expire the car will start showing that a service is required.

Once the last coupon/service reset has been done (i.e reduced to 0) then the cars service computer will no longer prompt that a service is required.

On most cars all you need to do is a simple Service Reset and the service computer function of the instrument cluster will adjust mileage, time etc. to next service.

With MultiECUScan you can also adjust the number or coupons, mileage to next service, interval etc.

A point to note is that although you can attmept to change/set service interval, days, etc. NOT ALL cars will respond/acknowledge depending on how the service computer/instrument cluster is configured.

If I remember correctly then on my Croma I could set and change the Coupons, Last Service Date, Last Service Mileage but I could not change/set the Days to Next Service, Service Interval or Service Period. I think I can not adjust interval or days on my Croma as it has a diesel engine and not a petrol engine so Days to Next Service is not enabled and Interval is fixed at 18K miles. (Or something similar but I can not remember the exact details.)

For most people all you need to do is a Service Reset and the service computer/instrument cluster should automatically adjust the *enable* parameters.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus