Reset service light alfa 159

multiecuscan program usage help
Sander159

Reset service light alfa 159

Post by Sander159 » 13 May 2013, 14:09

Hello,

I bought a elm 327 1.5a to connect my alfa with the program multiecuscan
everything works fine (engine) but when I want to connect with the "service" module it doesn't work
I know that you must have de registered version to reset the service light, but I mailed at multiecuscan and they say connecting with the service module not must be a problem. they said that you can read all parameters about the last service, but not can adjust. I can't connect with tis module, only simulate it. Is there a problem with the elm 327? For the rest it works perfect, it reads the troubles codes and engine parameters. I want to be certainly that the problem is the interface and not the software before i modifie my elm327.

somebody already reset a service light from alfa 159 with the free version ? or does it only work with the registered version (50euro)

thanks

Sander

alfa156sarajevo

Re: Reset service light alfa 159

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 15 May 2013, 10:29

I know that registered mes version can do service reset.
I do not know what free can do...

If you do not know is your elm interface ok or not ask alfaeddy in topic "faulty elm 327 interfaces (red here)".
Just post your qestion there... ;)
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

sasler

Post by sasler » 23 May 2013, 07:13

I also have an Alfa 159 and I've tried to execute the NEXT SERVICE KM RESET with the registered (non free) version and it fails. In fact, all adjustments in Service seem to fail. I'm using the ELM 327 v1.4 (with the necessarily adjustments already made, at least so it was advertised) with the green adapter. Engine errors reading and resetting works fine, though. Am I doing something wrong?

lolo85v

Post by lolo85v » 23 May 2013, 16:57

Yes with the version 1.4 the reset service(department) does not work on 159

Alfaeddy

Post by Alfaeddy » 23 May 2013, 17:11

Hello sasler

I have answered you in the other thread about this

For service, you may not use Adpater

Greetings Eddy

sasler

Post by sasler » 24 May 2013, 07:00

I still can't execute the NEXT SERVICE KM RESET succefully, even without using any adapter. In fact, no adjustments work in Service module. They all faill to execute. The only thing I haven't tried is to "Write odometer". But that got me thinking. Since I bought this car used and, as it's the custom here, the mileage of this car was "corrected" about 45.000 km according to Engine module Odometer (which, btw, was less than I expected). So could it be because of this "correction hack", the Service module is not working correctly? If so, how can I fix it? Would writing the correct value to odometer fix this?

Thanks again for all the help :)

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 25 May 2013, 20:31

OK! For Alfa 159 you need to execute service light on 2 places.
One place is in Engine system - engine ecu and the other one is in service ecu.
After that it should work. Did work for me at least past 5-6 times without any problem...

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 25 May 2013, 20:45

sasler wrote:I still can't execute the NEXT SERVICE KM RESET succefully, even without using any adapter. In fact, no adjustments work in Service module. They all faill to execute. The only thing I haven't tried is to "Write odometer". But that got me thinking. Since I bought this car used and, as it's the custom here, the mileage of this car was "corrected" about 45.000 km according to Engine module Odometer (which, btw, was less than I expected). So could it be because of this "correction hack", the Service module is not working correctly? If so, how can I fix it? Would writing the correct value to odometer fix this?

Thanks again for all the help :)
I would not advise you to use "Write odometer" option because software can only increase the values...
You can always put values up but you can not put them less just like that. It is little bit harder.
From my experience this problem if the values are higher in engine ecu than in a service ecu it iis not important. They do not check each other that much. Service interval is checking odometer in dashboard and it is counting down kilometers from dashboard - since last reset. The only thing that service interval does is DPF regeneration. So when service reset is done by diagnostic equipment (you have to do it in 2 ecus: engine and service) it does send signal to engine that inside is new oil and it can start regeneration from beginning.

sasler

Post by sasler » 06 Jun 2013, 07:28

lolo85v wrote:Yes with the version 1.4 the reset service(department) does not work on 159
Does it work in some older version? Or is there a upcoming version under development which supports this?

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 10 Jun 2013, 05:56

The Service Reset function for 159 works normally in 1.4 as well as in the older versions.
If it doesn't work on your car then please send a report (using the red Send Report in Multiecuscan) after trying to execute the NEXT SERVICE RESET procedure and we will check what the problem is.

Please note that if you cannot connect to Body Computer and Dashboard (like @Sander159) then the problem is in the ELM interface and you have to check viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1493

Please also note the following:
The NEXT SERVICE RESET function will not work if the number of remaining service coupons (parameter "Number of services") is 0.
The rest of the functions in Adjustments section are not "official" functions and are not guaranteed to work on all cars. However, we are sure (after testing on many cars) that the "Set number of service coupons" function works on all 159s.