SELF-ADAPTATION function on 159 2.2JTS

multiecuscan program usage help
amiko

SELF-ADAPTATION function on 159 2.2JTS

Post by amiko » 02 Nov 2012, 17:01

Hello,

How can I use this SELF-ADAPTATION function in engine section?
What does it really do and i which cases do I need it?

Thank you.

amiko

Re: SELF-ADAPTATION function on 159 2.2JTS

Post by amiko » 06 Nov 2012, 05:14

Well, I guess this forum is really dead.

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 07 Nov 2012, 21:36

Forum is not dead!

As it is written in the explanation yellow window on the right side:
"This function allows to set to zero all the motor self-adaptive parameters. WARNING: after zeroing the self-adaptive parameters remember to carry out the climate control learn procedure (key on MAR with climate control on for 1 minute)."

It means for example if you did changed your fuel pump after some reason or if you did cleaned your air intake pipe or something else…
After you did replace that certain part or after cleaned that certain part other reason you execute the function. After executing the function on older Alfas, like 156, you need to drive the car for 10-15 km on all kind of ways: easy ride in the city, faster ride on open road/ higway…
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

amiko

Post by amiko » 10 Nov 2012, 18:11

alfa156sarajevo wrote:Forum is not dead!

As it is written in the explanation yellow window on the right side:
"This function allows to set to zero all the motor self-adaptive parameters. WARNING: after zeroing the self-adaptive parameters remember to carry out the climate control learn procedure (key on MAR with climate control on for 1 minute)."

It means for example if you did changed your fuel pump after some reason or if you did cleaned your air intake pipe or something else…
After you did replace that certain part or after cleaned that certain part other reason you execute the function. After executing the function on older Alfas, like 156, you need to drive the car for 10-15 km on all kind of ways: easy ride in the city, faster ride on open road/ higway…
Thank you for your reply!
I have got Alfa Romeo 159 2.2JTS (2005 year) and I replaced one lambda sensor.
How do I execute self-adaptation?
I just turn key on MAR position, connect multiecuscan and click on "self-adaptation" button?
Then what?
Do I have to leave car in MAR position for one minute? or do I have to turn off and on again in MAR position?
I am asking that because after trying to use that self-adaptation function, I had zero result.

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 12 Nov 2012, 20:54

It is very easy:
- turn ignition ON,
- execute the procedure,
- after message "complete" turn ignition OFF
- turn ignition ON again (key on MAR with climate control on for 1 minute).
- start the engine and take it for a ride at least 10-15 km on all kind of ways: easy ride in the city, faster ride on open road/ highway…

Engine need to pick up all parameters…

In general after replacing the lambda sensor there is no need for do this reset...
But if you want to do it… do it…
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

amiko

Post by amiko » 15 Nov 2012, 03:42

alfa156sarajevo wrote:It is very easy:
- turn ignition ON,
- execute the procedure,
- after message "complete" turn ignition OFF
- turn ignition ON again (key on MAR with climate control on for 1 minute).
- start the engine and take it for a ride at least 10-15 km on all kind of ways: easy ride in the city, faster ride on open road/ highway…

Engine need to pick up all parameters…

In general after replacing the lambda sensor there is no need for do this reset...
But if you want to do it… do it…
OK.
Thank you very much for help!

I processed everything like you said, but with no result.
Are you sure that this procedure is the same for 159 as well as for 156?

tzok

Post by tzok » 15 Nov 2012, 18:43

Self adaptation is self adaptation, it means that it is done by the ECU on itself as you drive the car. You may only reset the learned parameters if something went really wrong and the engine is not working right and/or you have error saying that adaptation parameters get to their limits (i.e. in LPG equipped cars with bad gas injection timing correction maps). self adaptation is working continuously, so if car can drive, these parameters sooner or later will get to their optimal values.

In some ECUs after reset there is a need to do some basic adaptations (like throttle potentiometer, phonic wheel, etc.).