STEERING TORQUE SENSOR CALIBRATION

multiecuscan program usage help
muscagiu

STEERING TORQUE SENSOR CALIBRATION

Post by muscagiu » 31 Aug 2012, 11:44

I have a Fiat Panda with ESP faulty, often steering became blocked, this depends on torque sensor that have to be replaced.
A new steering column costs non less than 700 eu, one refurbished costs 350 euro, sensor torque costs about 50 eu.
I knew that Multiecuscan is able to calibrate torque sensor but I didn't see the instructions on the handbook.
I ask if somebody had calibrated sensor torque with multiecuscan.
Calibration means set fisically sensor torque disk at the center of the sensor position disk and it's possible only with a electronic tool.
When calibration is made you can reinstall steering column and after fix the zero point position with multiecuscan.

alfa156sarajevo

Re: STEERING TORQUE SENSOR CALIBRATION

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 31 Aug 2012, 17:41

If I can ask, but where did you find torque sensor for 50 euros?

I am paying about 100 euros per 1 piece + I need to install the sensor itself in the sensor housing... :roll:

If you can provide me a web link or contact info I would appreciate it!
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 31 Aug 2012, 17:51

regarding your questions...

I have been doing calibration of torque sensor on a Punto 2, Punto 3 and Grande Punto...
It is very easy just follow the instructions on the right side of MES 1.0 and everything will be OK!
This is usually done when the torque sensor has been replaced. After replacing the sensor go to parameters and set the position of the steering wheel. Set it to zero (0) and execute the calibration of the sensor. After that everything will be OK.

If you did not replaced the torque sensor you can do the calibration but it won’t be any change.
I have done it few times and it was no helpful… ;)
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 31 Aug 2012, 18:57

alfa156sarajevo wrote:regarding your questions...

I have been doing calibration of torque sensor on a Punto 2, Punto 3 and Grande Punto...
It is very easy just follow the instructions on the right side of MES 1.0 and everything will be OK!
This is usually done when the torque sensor has been replaced. After replacing the sensor go to parameters and set the position of the steering wheel. Set it to zero (0) and execute the calibration of the sensor. After that everything will be OK.

If you did not replaced the torque sensor you can do the calibration but it won’t be any change.
I have done it few times and it was no helpful… ;)
That is correct...
... I will only add that it is recommended to put the vehicle on flat ground when doing this calibration.

Demi

Post by Demi » 11 Sep 2012, 08:57

Could this solve my problem?

My Grande Punto is driving slightly to the right. The wheels are all new and fresh adjusted by a Fiat Mechanic. The did also a re-calibration...because during the adjustment the angel sensor didn't respond in the Examiner. Maybe because I replaced it when I've installed the cruise control? Just for info, I've never touched the ring in the middle. ;)
After that, I assumed that this is fine now.

Well, when my steering wheel is in the zero position the car is driving normal. But when I take my hands of the steering wheel, it moves slowly to the right for some millimeters. Then the car drives slowly to the right.

On long trips, it is exhausting to maintain the steering wheel in the zero position. :cry:

eucarlito

Post by eucarlito » 12 Nov 2012, 14:00

Hi, Demi.
Did you manage to calibrate the sensor?
I replaced the sensor in my grande punto, calibrated wit MES, but I have the same problem that you are mentioning.
In this video I understand it´s only possible with the calibrator while mounting the sensor:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZykfPlLwTc
Thanks in advanced.

thodoris85

Post by thodoris85 » 25 Jan 2017, 14:52

Just noticed that there is a topic for the torque sensor.

I have a Lancia Ypsilon and I already ordered the needed cables (just waiting for the post to arrive in the next few days).
I wanted to know, in order to calibrate the new sensor, won't I need anything like the video that "euarlito" posted?
I can do it just with the MES without any issues (as long as I follow the instructions on the right)?

TIA