VAG KKL cable connections

multiecuscan program usage help
hgbutte

Re: VAG KKL cable connections

Post by hgbutte » 18 Jan 2010, 19:23

You can cut K-Line on the 4-PIN Connector to the board exactly like on the image.

@Jerry 159: I also use the cable with other cars, so i don't want to link the PINs.
Attachments
kkl3.jpg
kkl3.jpg (190.88 KiB) Viewed 29029 times

bdotcom

Post by bdotcom » 19 Jan 2010, 16:25

Hi Hgbutte, Thanks for the picture of the K line details . A picture speaks a thousand words and I am sure that all the users are now clear on how to modify the cable dongle.

On my VAGCOM Cable from Ebay, there is a 6 pin header rather than 4 , but its just a matter of checking which pin 7 is with a meter etc.

It looks like there are several variants about, but all do much the same thing and convert signal to USB output to PC.

Many thanks and regards

Bdotcom

bdotcom

Post by bdotcom » 25 Jan 2010, 16:55

Hi everyone, just to let you know I modified my VAG KKL Cable with a 4 way DIL switch as in Hgbutte's post and tried the set up on my son's 2003 Punto 1.2 8V hatchback.

He had a problem with the airbag light permanently on.

I used the software and cable on a laptop with windows 7 and FTDI usb to serial driver that was shipped with the KKL cable.

It connected like a dream however, dropped the connection with serial port latency too high warning.

This I tried several times and after lowering the settings to 1 in device manager, managed to get a stable connection by switching to the errors screen once connected.

It said I had an airbag intermittant fault logged, which I cleared successfully with the software.

The light has stayed off and I must say that I have a saving of £45 off the garage price quoted to reset the light.

This software is great and thoroughly recommended. Thanks Yani !!!!!! keep up the good work.

Thanks also to all the forum members for their support.

Regards
Bdotcom

F-117

Post by F-117 » 27 Jan 2010, 16:10

Hi!!
Tks for this great software!!

I have a doubt, if i solder 1,7 and 9 together can i still use the cable in other Vag cars??

yani wrote:Hi,

The proper connections are:
pin 1 - ABS
pin 3 - Airbag
pin 7 - Engine/Gearbox
pin 9 - EPS

Here is what I can suggest for the cable:
1.Get a stock VagCom cable.
2.Then cut the connection between k-line and pin 7.
3.Then solder a microswitch to switch either k-3 or k-1-7-9. Where k is the k-line from the circuit board and 1,3,7,9 are the pins on the OBD connector.

Thanks for reporting that HowToUse mistake. It was just a typo.

Yani

hgbutte

Post by hgbutte » 27 Jan 2010, 21:25

I don't know the answer.
But because i use the interface on a Volvo V70 as well, i have built in the switch, to have whatever connection of 1-3-7-9 i want to.
Safety First :)

titogarci

Post by titogarci » 28 Jan 2010, 08:34

F-117 wrote:Hi!!
Tks for this great software!!

I have a doubt, if i solder 1,7 and 9 together can i still use the cable in other Vag cars??

In some VAG cars the voltage on pin 1 switch to 12Volts when ignition on, so if you use the interface with pins 1,7 and 9 together the line K voltage will be 12Volts and the diagnosis are not posible in these cars.
Regards.

AKL

Post by AKL » 30 Jan 2010, 17:00

hello everybody, happy new year to all.

forgive me but i dont quit understand how to join 1,3,7,9 pins.
do i have to join the pins together or somewhere on the board.
please advise,

many thanks,

AKL

klimekkk

Post by klimekkk » 30 Jan 2010, 19:15

HI AKL,
Maybe my explanation will make it easier for You - as I understood Fiat group cars send signals thru pins 1,3,7,9. multiecuscan reads data only thru pin 7 on KKL interface. If you want connect with your engine then you don't need change anything (pin7 on the car connector is engine). If you want connect to ABS ECU then you must connect pin1 on the car connector with pin7 on KKL interface. Same for Airbag - pin3 on car connector connect to pin7 on KKL interface... Just solder pin1 and pin7 on KKL interface connector and you are always able to connect with engine and ABS. I think now is more clear and you will find out how to connect with airbag without taking risk of soldering pin3 with others...
Here you can see pinout on Fiat cars OBD connector: http://pinoutsguide.com/CarElectronics/ ... nout.shtml

Good luck!

AKL

Post by AKL » 30 Jan 2010, 19:40

Thanks for the reply klimekkk,

please forgive me but i still dont get it.
I connect pin 1 to pin 7 and i can read ENGINE and ABS.
Right??? ok.
I connect pin 3 to pin 7 and i can read ENGINE and AIRBAG.
Right??? ok.
If i connect pin 1,3,7 together then i can read ENGINE and AIRBAG and ABS?????

Many thanks for your time,

AKL

klimekkk

Post by klimekkk » 30 Jan 2010, 20:02

yes - exactly like you wrote, but as Yani said - it's litle risky solder pin 3 with others then is recommended to cut out connection between board and pin7 inside KKL interface and manualy connect (by switch or just cabel to cabel) board with pin3 for airbag reading and board with pin7 for engine, board with pin1 for ABS.

Cars without OBD connector don't need any changes because every 3 pins connector (in my Bravo is like that) has only 2 pins - to pin7 and pin4 on OBD connector.