VAG KKL cable connections

multiecuscan program usage help
snibs

Re: VAG KKL cable connections

Post by snibs » 09 Aug 2010, 17:33

Hi there,

I would like to connect to ESP. My car is a Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD build 2002.

First I tried to solder Pin 7 to 9, but I didn't get any ECU response.
Next I bought a DIL switch an did exactly as jernejL and oem posted (thanks to you for the images, I have the same type of cable).
Now i can connect to ABS and Airbag, but from ESP still no ECU response (Engine is not working as well).

I thought of a differnet pinout, but couldn't find anything usefull in the internet (just the known scheme).

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

snibs

Post by snibs » 09 Aug 2010, 19:58

my solution, for everyone with a similar problem:

i used the driver from the cd (included in the cable-package).
after downloading and reinstalling the newest usb to serial (vcp) driver from ftdi:

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

everything is working fine.

thanks for the program yani!

manue214

Post by manue214 » 19 Aug 2010, 07:45

[quote = " MaximusPrimal "] Hola . Que acabo de tomar mi cable a modificarlo de arriba pero mi cable es diferente. Me parece que tienen dos conexiones desde el enchufe principal a la placa madre que falta. Antes de que vaya por delante una modificarlo por favor alguien puede confirmar tengo el cable adecuado .

Todo el mundo dice que cortar la conexión tercero por la izquierda cuando se mira en la parte trasera del enchufe , pero no tengo las conexiones a la derecha de este . A continuación se muestra una imagen. Tengo mi cable a unos Amazonas y sólo quiero estar seguro de que es derecho, tal como . Gracias Max [ / quote]

tengo este mismo conector y quisiera saber esquema de cables y cortes para modificarlo gracias de antemano

ninou42

Post by ninou42 » 18 Oct 2010, 14:03

jernejL wrote:Hi!
Thank you guys for helping us out, especialy "davan", "pepazdepa 408" and "oem", which were for me the most helpful since its' the same type of cable.
I'd like your confirmation before I plug this one to my car, I'd realy hate it if everything including airbags went to hell...
If I'm not mistaking, it should work like this:
switch 1 to ON position - engine
switch 2 to ON position - airbag
switch 3 to ON position - ABS
switch 4 to ON position - EPS
(all other positions OFF)

Thank you all again!
cheers
Hello

Is that the example of the cable change VAG jernejl working properly?

Cordially

leocar

Post by leocar » 29 Oct 2010, 23:03

Who can tell me if it works thanks
obd 2.jpg
obd 2.jpg (46.72 KiB) Viewed 23242 times

livake

Post by livake » 05 Nov 2010, 07:38

I have KKL COM cable (connect on serial, not usb). Fiat Ecu Scan 2.5 say "verify the cable or the port".
The cable is ok, i can connect on vag or opel, port is com1. Is not native, is on PCMCIA but is work fine with vagcom 409, with icprog (for programming PIC controlers, etc).

Fiat ecu scan 2.5 don't work with KKL COM ? (serial version, with Max 232)

Thank's

reneweteling

Post by reneweteling » 23 Nov 2010, 07:41

Hey,

Ive bought a VAG KKL cable for a stunning 12,50 EUR so thats not gonna make me poor. But ive got a strange problem.

When i connect my computer (running windows 7 with a WMWare Windows xp virtual machine) to my car (Punto HGT 1.8 16V 130PK year 2000) the program works like a charm. But when i want to monitor some parameters the program always goes back to the main screen. Sometimes in the left bottom corner it says "latency too high" But ive set my latency to "1" the lowest possible value.

Ive downloaden the new drivers from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm. the v2.08.08.

ive set my exchange bits to 64, boud rate to 9600 (all default settings realy)

So, does someone have the missing link for me?

Best regards.

René Weteling

Paul#25

Post by Paul#25 » 10 Dec 2010, 17:20

Hi All

I am new to this great site and still finding my way around.
My question regarding the cable for the connection is as follows:
The VAG KKL cables that I have been able to locate on the Net all seem to be for VW/Audi and Seat, i.e., USB Cable KKL 409.1 VW/Audi OBD2 OBD USB VAG COM 409. Is this the right cable for my 2004 Fiat Stilo 1.9Jtd Multiwagon as I am in South Africa and do not want to buy the incorrect cable and not be able to return it.

Regards
Paul Venter

ambok

Post by ambok » 20 Dec 2010, 02:07

should not just cut "3rd wire from left" or so. There are different cables out there.

Jojjo

Post by Jojjo » 13 Jan 2011, 08:44

ambok wrote:should not just cut "3rd wire from left" or so. There are different cables out there.
My point exacly. Use a multimeter to find the correct one. Put it on "beeper" to find the loop, it's fairly simple.
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2. Ex: Ritmo Abarth 130TC. Ex: Uno 1.1 ieS. Ex: Stilo 1.6.