VAG KKL cable connections

multiecuscan program usage help
alfa156sarajevo

Re: VAG KKL cable connections

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 04 Jan 2012, 14:55

CapSpaulding wrote:
alfa156sarajevo wrote:
CapSpaulding wrote:Hello, just joined this forum becuz I ran into some problems with my Fiat, engine's fire's off real bad.

I'm also a motorcycle owner and with my bike I have some experience with ECU-reading.
Never carried much intrest in my car's performance and so on.
Now I have issues I'm glad I discoverd this forum.
So downloaded the free program first, just to find out if itz compatible with my Fiat 1.3Mjet engine

I already have a VAG ODB2/USB cable, also had some troubles connecting at first with my bikes ECU KTM RC8 via a adapter cable I soldered to make it compatible.
There's a good exe file that solves most connecting isues with the vag cable & FTDIchip on win7 laptops

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20814_Setup.exe

maybe its usefull, maybe it got posted already but didn't found it in this topic.
More info on FTIchip can be found here...for connections via USB port

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm
Hi CapSpaulding

You mentioned that you did some work on bike ECU reading...
So I was just wondering what kind of software you have and what kind of interfaces do you use for bikes! ;)
The software I use for my KTM RC8, can be found here, it's open source, you'll have to C/P the link yourself due to forum rules.
The software can be used upon Triumph,Aprillia,KTM bikes, if you take some look at the site, you'll notice a link which leads to the open maps to the several bikes.
Notice the software only works upon European bikes, Japanses bikes are not supported becuz they use diff. ECU's for the same bikes in diff years, so it takes hard coding to find out what works and what not.

here's the link
http://www.tuneecu.com/

here are the KTM maps for most bikes, 990,1190,690 dukes, superdukes and RC8(R)
http://www.tuneecu.com/KTM_Tune_list.html

It's open source and a free contribution is appreciated if the software works to your pleassure, it works great on my RC8 so I paid for the software.
Would like to buy the multiecuscan full program, but still not working on my setup, my cable works perfect with TuneEcu.
I soldered the KTM adapter myself, and software drivers for the cable are also the same , I know it works with my win7 notebook.

Thinking of buying a new cable only for use on my doblo and modify that.
Don't know if the ELM327 with 1.4version will work, saw some on ebay.UK but also have read the warning sign by the forum owner here, so a but confused by the info.
Hi CapSpaulding,

Thanks for everything! Will try the software... ;)
Cheers :D
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

CapSpaulding

Post by CapSpaulding » 16 Jan 2012, 12:27

Hmm strange, tried to connect with com port39 didn't work out, changing the com port to com2 and everything ran fine, is there a bug in the software that prevents connection wioth com port higher then 5?

So now it works I can buy full version

hello_87

Post by hello_87 » 16 Feb 2012, 15:43

Hello!
First I want to sorry to my bad english, but I hope that you are going to understand me...
I have modified my vag com kkl 409.1, and it can read my air-bag, ecu... But there was a problem when I try to conect my ABS on my fiat stilo 1.8 16v. While my computer connecting to ABS, he turn me a fault ABS on my bord computer. I was scarry and disconnect the cable, and the error was disapear. What can it be? Maybe I was wrong in selection in FES?
And second is, if I understand well, it possible to make modification on vag com to 3 pin old fiat connector? How I can to do? Is that same as modification that I have made, only a different pin, or something different?
Thanks all people who help with their posts.

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 17 Feb 2012, 15:56

hello_87 wrote:Hello!
First I want to sorry to my bad english, but I hope that you are going to understand me...
I have modified my vag com kkl 409.1, and it can read my air-bag, ecu... But there was a problem when I try to conect my ABS on my fiat stilo 1.8 16v. While my computer connecting to ABS, he turn me a fault ABS on my bord computer. I was scarry and disconnect the cable, and the error was disapear. What can it be? Maybe I was wrong in selection in FES?
And second is, if I understand well, it possible to make modification on vag com to 3 pin old fiat connector? How I can to do? Is that same as modification that I have made, only a different pin, or something different?
Thanks all people who help with their posts.
It is normal! When you connect FES via KKL cable with ABS system on your car it is NORMAL for all lights: ABS, ASR/EPC, EOBD to turn ON, on your dashboard!
Everything is OK! ;) When you disconnect FES from ABS ECU then all lights will turn OFF! It is completely normal! ;)

baloo2009

Post by baloo2009 » 09 Mar 2012, 21:02

Hi, I have a problem connecting with KKL VAG Multiecuscan. Not associate it with ECU, but other programs work. What can be the problem? I do not think the cable was to blame. Someone has ideas?
THX BALOO

mattydr67

Post by mattydr67 » 27 Sep 2012, 18:58

Can you devolope your idea, please?
O r can you tell use more details.
Good luck

teris

Post by teris » 03 Dec 2012, 09:53

Hello!!
I have KKL interface ..and I have this situation (see in attach) when I make test!!!
I m not check it yet, on a fiat car..but I connect the cable in another car to take power 12v.
Maybe I have problem or not?
I have not fiat car to check it !!
What I must do it if I have wrong settings??
Can you help me please??
fiat ecu scan.rar
(75.1 KiB) Downloaded 501 times

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 07 Dec 2012, 21:35

Problem could be in settings but problem could be also in KKL interface.
Try to find any fiat, lancia or alfa car and do the test interface connection.
also try to connect to different ECUs and see what is happening.
this is only way to know if interface is working or not

Keep in mind that KKL interfaces are not good quality...
They are all china clones and they do not work to long...

I have 3-4 KKL interfaces and one of them died completely. Second one is starting to dies bit by bit.
When I plug first one and the second one in the car and then I do test interface connection everything is seams ok but first one is not connecting to any car and the second one is connecting to some car and some not... third one works on all cars…

prime.4lpha

Post by prime.4lpha » 12 Oct 2013, 22:55

Hi,

I recently bought VAG KKL cable and 3-pin cable for my Alfa Romeo 146 1.4TS (year 2000) and a 3-pin OBD cable from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321216918450
http://www.ebay.com/itm/350896119114

When I try to connect to my ECU (i use position 7) it fails every time. I followed the instructions for setting up the cable at COM port 1 and when I test the interface in MultiEcuScan 1.7 free edition, I get a whole lot of DATA ERROR!!! messages, and then some latency messages and some timers etc, but no connection can be established. When I try that VAGCOM program and try to test the interface it says: No interface found!

What am I doing wrong? I researched throughout the Internet for solutions and tutorials and everyone make it look easy, but nobody has these kind of problems.

Help me please. :)

Thanks in advance.

Alfaeddy

Post by Alfaeddy » 13 Oct 2013, 04:37

Hello prime.4lpha

Which driver do you have installed?
If your interface detected without error? (in the Control Panel of the PC)

Otherwise, try this driver
http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Have you applied to the red wire of the 3 pin adapter 12 volts?

Greetings Eddy