VAG KKL cable connections

multiecuscan program usage help
davan

Re: VAG KKL cable connections

Post by davan » 10 Feb 2010, 12:35

Hi,
I have differnt type of cable as its on pictures above.
So I should cut the third conection on 6 pin header(instead of first on 4 pin header) and modify as I shown on picture below...?
Is is wright? :shock:
Attachments
kkl.jpg
kkl cable
kkl.jpg (22.84 KiB) Viewed 26751 times

pepazdepa 408

Post by pepazdepa 408 » 12 Feb 2010, 23:08

Yes exactly, the third pin from left.
Attachments
3 pin z leva.jpg
move and interrupt
3 pin z leva.jpg (6.99 KiB) Viewed 26640 times
obd.jpg
obd.jpg (70.5 KiB) Viewed 26637 times
finish.jpg
finish.jpg (68.37 KiB) Viewed 26734 times

oem

Post by oem » 01 Mar 2010, 18:15

Hi, I mounted switch on my USB KKL VAG 409,1 interface for switching between 1, 3 and 7 pin, but i only read engine codes. When i switch to pin 1 or 3 and choose an airbag or abs and click to connect, the software tries to connect, but several failed. He can not connect to the airbag. My KKL interface is different from yours. I would be grateful if you tell me where else to take the K line, or will ever happen with this interface or must i buy with another scheme and chips.

These are pictures of my interface:
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (228.99 KiB) Viewed 26355 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (245.31 KiB) Viewed 26351 times
O.E.Motorsport - tuning & innovation

laudo

Post by laudo » 06 Mar 2010, 19:08

Guys,

What is gonna happen to the car if pin 3 was shorted with 1,7,9? Any expiriences?

I have purchased cable with switch and the supplier made some messy welding which shorted pin3 to 1,7,9 bridge. I did not notice that before instalation and pluged this thing into my Marea 1,9JTD 110. The software was talking to airbag only (regardless to switch position). When I notice that I disassembled cable connector and fixed the welding. Now it talks to airbag only in one switch position, but I still have no communication with other parts of the system (Engine & ABS) in second position.

Another thing is I do not know what kind of registry changes need to be made to make my cable (based on FTDI 232R) to support 10400 baud rate. during the communication with Airbag I have "Latency..." warning blinking all the time. Any clues?

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 09 Mar 2010, 14:59

laudo wrote:What is gonna happen to the car if pin 3 was shorted with 1,7,9? Any expiriences?
Don’t worry. it won't happen anything bad. It’s just not recommended…
laudo wrote:Another thing is I do not know what kind of registry changes need to be made to make my cable (based on FTDI 232R) to support 10400 baud rate. during the communication with Airbag I have "Latency..." warning blinking all the time. Any clues?
GO TO:
Control panel –> System –> Hardware –> Device Manager –> Comport (example “COMPORT1”) – Properties
and there you will find Latency and then set it to minimum!
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

laudo

Post by laudo » 23 Mar 2010, 19:00

Thanks for answer - it is good to hear that I had no chance to get my Marea broken.

I have spent some time on fighting my COM port and finaly I won :) Setting latency time to minimum was not the only clue - I had to lower baud rate from 4096 very low values to make it work.

blackfish

Post by blackfish » 16 Apr 2010, 08:50

I have the KKL interface with the six-pin header and want to connect to air bag control unit. Before I source a 4-way DIP switch and do the mod to cut the third pin, is there any definitive information on why we ought not to connect pin 3 with the others? I have extracted the notes below from the ISO 14230-1 physical specification for K-line protocol. I see no reason why all ECU K-lines cannot be connected together. Why then would the K-line of the airbag control unit be a special case?

Is the advice not to join pin 3 with the other due to "it might not work" or due to "it might damage something"? If it's the former, advice should surely be "try linking it first". If it's the latter, where's the evidence? I've not seen any posts here or elsewhere suggesting a damaged airbag control unit (or ECU/ABS/EPS) caused by linking all pins. If it's to ensure compatibility with non-Fiat cars (e.g. a car with 12V or GND on pin 3 - not sure how standard the standard is), perhaps someone can enlighten.

Here's my extract of the K-line physical specification (ISO 14230-1):

REQUIREMENTS OF THE DIAGNOSTIC TESTER

The K-line of the diagnostic tester not connected to an ECU shall be internally pulled up to V-batt via a 510R resistor.

Transmission state:
At logic "1",the diagnostic tester shall have an equivalent voltage source greater than 90% V-batt, sourced from V-batt and an equivalent resistance of 510R.
At logic "0" the diagnostic tester shall have an equivalent voltage less than 10% of V-batt at a maximum sink current of 100mA.

Receiving state:
The equivalent resistance on the K-line of the diagnostic tester shall be 510R to V-batt.

The diagnostic tester shall expect a resistance of at least 5k to vehicle ground when connected to the vehicle.

REQUIREMENTS OF THE ECU

ECUs shall have one K-line. Ground shall also be made available to the tester but need not come from the ECU.
No internal resistance between K-line and V-batt shall be used.

"Power off" state:
The ECU K-line shall behave like a resistance to ground of 120k.

Receiving state:
The ECU K-line shall behave like a resistance to ground of 120k.

Transmitting state:
Logic "1" - the ECU K-line shall behave like a resistance to ground of 120k.
Logic "0" - the ECU shall have an equivalent sink resistance of not more than 110R between K-line and ground.

When the serial communication of the ECU is not in operation and the diagnostic tester is connected, the output of the ECU shall be passive (i.e. equivalent to the receiving state when the serial communication of the ECU is in operation).

The K-line input/output circuitry of the ECU shall withstand transitions and over voltage present on the K-line via the diagnostic tester source resistance, limited as below:

20VDC permanent
24VDC for 30 minutes
30VDC for 1 minute

When the power supply of the ECU is switched on or off, the ECU shall not produce any signals or other disturbances on the K-line.

blackfish

blackfish

Post by blackfish » 16 Apr 2010, 19:41

Having written the above tome on whether to switch or not to switch pin 3, I got lazy and just linked 3 to 7 with a bit of wire. It worked fine and I reset the airbag lights that had been on for about two years!

blackfish

Herry

Post by Herry » 03 May 2010, 11:31

I would like remake my KKL kabel and I check with pinouts.ru . And I find on PIN 11 Anti-Theft system. I think that must connect PIN 1-3-7-9-11 or have you any other idea ??

Mannitu

Post by Mannitu » 05 May 2010, 13:53

Hello and sorry for my bad english (better german or italiano)
i received today my interface please one can help me and paint on a pic what i must connected? Send a mail or post in the thread

the interface from the www.multiecuscan.net site is a other from my? my interface have 2 pins more...

Here pics from my interface (links for better quality)

http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/9688/obd22.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7606/obd23.jpg
http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/1310/obd21.jpg
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/7250/obd24.jpg

THANKS!!!