VAG KKL cable connections

multiecuscan program usage help
mattydr67

Re: VAG KKL cable connections

Post by mattydr67 » 14 Sep 2011, 06:59

Did you made k-line connection to pin 3?
Good luck

husky-willem

witch pin unsolder

Post by husky-willem » 18 Sep 2011, 14:29

Hello everybody,
I want to modify an VAG Connector for use with Fiat ecu scan, ill readet all of the postings for this post but didnt find this connector, maybe someone can tell me wich pin in this connector i have to unsolder ( K-Line)
Attachments
kkl stekker.JPG
kkl stekker.JPG (159.88 KiB) Viewed 14809 times

husky-willem

Pin settings VAG Interface

Post by husky-willem » 24 Sep 2011, 10:55

For those who want to know, the pin settings on an VAG OBDII Connector
VAG OBDII Interface.pdf
(24.26 KiB) Downloaded 2991 times
Gr.Willem

Punto176

Post by Punto176 » 22 Nov 2011, 23:47

Hello!

I've got blue box, similar with that on foto in previous messages (1 LED, 2 chips, no marks on PCB board)
"USB OBD-II-2 KKL 409.1 OBD2 Cable VAG-COM for VW/AUDI"
chip is FTDI FT232RL
with FTDI serial port drivers on CD

When installing, I've new serial port, and usb serial converter, and sometimes a new unknown device.

When I try to check scanner, Multiecuscan returns timeout when trying ATZ command, and LED on OBD-II doesn't blink.
VAG KKL utility says "Port OK, interface not found"
LED is off.
Is it possible to check scanner on PC or my device itself cam have problems ?

d3lta

Post by d3lta » 08 Dec 2011, 11:20

i have a AGV 4000 OBDII interface

so if i have a 2 way switch and do this:
(1st switch) between pin 7 and pins 1+9+12 (ABS, ELECTRIC POWER STEERING-SERVO, XENON LIGHTS)
(2nd switch) between pin 3 and pin 7 for AIRBAG!
or is this better???
Position 1 : go to pins 1,7,8,9,11,12 and 13 ( soldered together )
Position 2 : go to pin 3 ( airbag )
everything will work ??

Alfaeddy

Post by Alfaeddy » 10 Dec 2011, 00:03

Hello

The second version is better :-)

Only you can then no longer of this interface for the
Grande Punto, Punto ECO, 500; Mito, Guiletta so on.

Since the pins are connected 1 + 9.

Greetings Eddy

CapSpaulding

Post by CapSpaulding » 18 Dec 2011, 13:07

Hello, just joined this forum becuz I ran into some problems with my Fiat, engine's fire's off real bad.

I'm also a motorcycle owner and with my bike I have some experience with ECU-reading.
Never carried much intrest in my car's performance and so on.
Now I have issues I'm glad I discoverd this forum.
So downloaded the free program first, just to find out if itz compatible with my Fiat 1.3Mjet engine

I already have a VAG ODB2/USB cable, also had some troubles connecting at first with my bikes ECU KTM RC8 via a adapter cable I soldered to make it compatible.
There's a good exe file that solves most connecting isues with the vag cable & FTDIchip on win7 laptops

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM20814_Setup.exe

maybe its usefull, maybe it got posted already but didn't found it in this topic.
More info on FTIchip can be found here...for connections via USB port

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm

alfa156sarajevo

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 20 Dec 2011, 11:33

CapSpaulding wrote:Hello, just joined this forum becuz I ran into some problems with my Fiat, engine's fire's off real bad.

I'm also a motorcycle owner and with my bike I have some experience with ECU-reading.
So downloaded the free program first, just to find out if itz compatible with my Fiat 1.3Mjet engine

I already have a VAG ODB2/USB cable, also had some troubles connecting at first with my bikes ECU KTM RC8 via a adapter cable I soldered to make it compatible.
There's a good exe file that solves most connecting isues with the vag cable & FTDIchip on win7 laptops

maybe its usefull, maybe it got posted already but didn't found it in this topic.

Hi CapSpaulding

You mentioned that you did some work on bike ECU reading...
So I was just wondering what kind of software you have and what kind of interfaces do you use for bikes! ;)
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars

CapSpaulding

Post by CapSpaulding » 28 Dec 2011, 17:52

alfa156sarajevo wrote:
CapSpaulding wrote:Hello, just joined this forum becuz I ran into some problems with my Fiat, engine's fire's off real bad.

Hi CapSpaulding

You mentioned that you did some work on bike ECU reading...
So I was just wondering what kind of software you have and what kind of interfaces do you use for bikes! ;)
The software I use for my KTM RC8, can be found here, it's open source, you'll have to C/P the link yourself due to forum rules.
The software can be used upon Triumph,Aprillia,KTM bikes, if you take some look at the site, you'll notice a link which leads to the open maps to the several bikes.
Notice the software only works upon European bikes, Japanses bikes are not supported becuz they use diff. ECU's for the same bikes in diff years, so it takes hard coding to find out what works and what not.

here's the link
http://www.tuneecu.com/

here are the KTM maps for most bikes, 990,1190,690 dukes, superdukes and RC8(R)
http://www.tuneecu.com/KTM_Tune_list.html

It's open source and a free contribution is appreciated if the software works to your pleassure, it works great on my RC8 so I paid for the software.
Would like to buy the multiecuscan full program, but still not working on my setup, my cable works perfect with TuneEcu.
I soldered the KTM adapter myself, and software drivers for the cable are also the same , I know it works with my win7 notebook.

Thinking of buying a new cable only for use on my doblo and modify that.
Don't know if the ELM327 with 1.4version will work, saw some on ebay.UK but also have read the warning sign by the forum owner here, so a but confused by the info.

junesongnow

Post by junesongnow » 03 Jan 2012, 05:43

Hi there Hgbutte , I have only witnessed the cable together with Several point of sales dil swap plus it looks very professional .

I purchase everything you do, but in your wire assemblage that we obtained through Craigs list which in turn appears to be the blue one among yours , however when the covers tend to be removed the bond to be able to flag 7 for the 16pin OBD plug will be hidden which has a small Some green single throughout collection connection onto the major table along with visits Three or more hooks around the main signal table.

It is good in the event you can display the internal electrical wiring of your respective package along with in which the K line connection to pin Seven OBD is really reduce.

I know lots of consumers on the community forum could be really gratefu, particularly me personally.