Alfa 147 2003 VAGCOM cleared airbag, ABS conect fail for VDC

multiecuscan program usage help
alfatm

Alfa 147 2003 VAGCOM cleared airbag, ABS conect fail for VDC

Post by alfatm » 05 Jul 2011, 16:19

Alfa 147 2003 VAG COM OBDII cleared airbag, ABS connect fail for VDC

ALFA 147 2.0 TS 16V
At first I had not resoldered the VAG COM OBDII cable pins appropriately and after connecting cable with original pins as is, to the car to fix the airbag error light, I triggered the VDC failure light ! Is that VDC error on connecting VAG COM cable, a normal behaviour of the software ? I did pull out a cable connection while searching for the socket to connect the VAG COM cable, which I reconnected back later. Also I had put in a new battery after the old one died because the car had remained garaged for several months after a license suspension.

With the original VAG COM pins, I was able to connect to the Engine using the option - "Bosch Motronic Me7.3.1 EOBD injections (Outside EU Version)" (It's in Australian)

After reading the documentation and soldering the pins as recommended ( http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx ), I was able to successfully connect to the Airbag with "SIEMENS MY 99 Airbag (2F-2P-2L-2T-I)" option. The reset of the original airbag error light was straightforward after connecting.

I am assuming the VDC system failure error is cleared by connecting to the ABS system. I resoldered the VAG COM OBDII cable pins as recommended, to connect to the ABS to clear the VDC failure light, but would just not connect. I tried various Multiecuscan versions (all free versions) and a couple of laptops (the better had a 1.6 Ghz CPU), but was still unable to connect to the ABS. I suspected it might be my dodgy pins resoldering and reordered a new VAG COM cable with the pre-soldered 3 colours coded connector/adapters, but was still unable to connect using the new Green adapter cable.

Anyone has an idea on what I am doing wrong or what you recommend as a fix ?
Do I need a faster > 1.6 Ghz CPU laptop ?
Do I need the non-free Multiecuscan version ?
Do I need to try any other recommended older Multiecuscan version

Thanks in advance
Tony