A greeting, and the usual troubles (It's a punto 188 8v)

multiecuscan program usage help
BuBBleS

A greeting, and the usual troubles (It's a punto 188 8v)

Post by BuBBleS » 25 Mar 2011, 13:17

Hello folks..
I just registered in the first place to pay my respects to the creators of the application and the consequent website.
I'm personally quite crafty, I generally repair stuff by myself, and I'll have to admit: my life would have been much easier in the past, had someone brought out such a simple but smart idea such as this, a diagnostic tool, published mostly for free. Amazing :o
I bow to you, nifty software developer ;)

There are a couple questions that are still unclear, although the answer might come quite easy to anyone with a little experience. Let me be clearer:

my punto 188 8v (2001) has now a tricky problem: little time ago the speedometer showed some jumping around, (60 to 30 to 90 in a matter of 2-3 seconds) to lie finally below zero, where it stood permanently aside of some microscopic vibrations every now and then. The car still works without a hitch, and I deal with speed cameras based on the rev. counter, but it's time to fix it.
As far as I discovered, the problem could lie either in the speed sensor (the total km driven are still added up regularly, though) or a faulty dashboard (speed is the only "broken" thing there)

Now the questions for you are: I downloaded the free version of the program, went and checked the feature and in the actuators test I found this:
[*]The Tachometer is actuated. The pointer should move between Idle and about 3000RPM
If I somewhat managed to order to the speedometer to move itself, it'd be easy to guess the problem lies in the sensor. Does that test activate the tachometer (speedometer) or the RPM indicator?

Secondly, I still need to buy an usb cable. If this is the compatibility list for my car:
[*]Magneti Marelli IAW 4AF/4EF/59F/5AF EOBD Injection KLELMOBDKey
[*]Magneti Marelli IAW 4AF/4EF/59F/5AF Injection (Outside EU version) KLELMOBDKey
[*]Bosch ABS 5.3 KL 1OBDKey 1 A1
[*]Bosch ABS 5.3 TC KL 1OBDKey 1 A1
[*]TRW MY 97 Airbag (2F-2L-I) KL 3OBDKey 3 A2
[*]TRW MY 97 Airbag (2F-I) KL 3OBDKey 3 A2
[*]TRW MY 99 Airbag (2F-2L-2T-I) KL 3OBDKey 3 A2
[*]Delphi Electric Steering ELMOBDKey
[*]Marelli Instrument Panel ELMOBDKey
[*]CAN Info ELMOBDKey
[*]CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment Procedure ELMOBDKey
[*]Delphi/Marelli Body Computer ELMOBDKey

Which one should I buy to check that particular parameter? Will it be ELM or KLE? (no, OBDKey is way too expensive, sorry ;) )
Thanks in advance, keep up the great work!

alfa156sarajevo

Re: A greeting, and the usual troubles (It's a punto 188 8v)

Post by alfa156sarajevo » 30 Mar 2011, 10:17

According this web page: http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx
You need both interfaces for your car (Fiat Punto 2001) KKL+ELM327.
You need VAG COM 409 KKL interface to read the AIRBAG system,
And you need ELM 327 interface ver. 1.3 or 1.4 to read all other systems (ENGINE, ABS, Electric Steering, CAN INFO and BODY).

I hope it is helpfull! ;)
Coded Keys & CODE card for Alfa Romeo, Fiat and Lancia cars