FAULTY ELM 327 INTERFACES DE-MYSTIFIED (READ HERE)

multiecuscan program usage help
amiko

Re: FAULTY ELM 327 INTERFACES DE-MYSTIFIED (READ HERE)

Post by amiko » 30 Sep 2011, 17:01

Well, I have been trying to find answer on this forum for several days and yet I have no result.
NOW I WANT TO TRY IT HERE, MY FRIENDS :)
because, I have read this thread from the top till the end and I think you people can help me with it.

So, I have Alfa Romeo 159 2.2 JTS 2006 year.
I have bought ELM 327 from ebay

and installed 32bit driver for windows 7 for it from here: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm
(That's because the original CD had NO Windows 7 driver on it)

After, I downloaded multiecuscan free 3.2 version for trying it on my netbook and installed it.
Every setting (port number, speed and etc.) is set as is described on www.multiecuscan.net.

At last, I connected the interface to my car and when I launched multiecuscan and clicked CONNECT button, this is what happens:

After that, I tried the TEST button in the SETTINGS menu and the result is "OK" on everything.
Then I tried to click SCAN and here is the result:

As I see in this thread, many of you have had such problem because of the faulty interface, BUT in contrast to me, many of you were able to connect just to ENGINE ECU and could NOT connect to anything else, am I right?
After, you reconstructed your interfaces according to Yani's method on first page, or the way that Argo discovered later on the fifth page (quick and dirty solution) and the interface WORKED!

NOW I HAVE DISSEMBLED MY INTERFACE AND HERE IT IS:

Well, how does it look like?
It is 1.4a written on the board but as I see, there is a little difference between mine and Argo's photos (on the 5 pg.) in section of R07, R09 and R04.
Should I use Yani's method or Argo's solution?
Should I DESTROY or SOLDER anything here?

mattydr67

Post by mattydr67 » 30 Sep 2011, 17:49

Hi mate
First of all I'm not pretty sure that you have a problem with your interface CAN connection or not.
Ok by the way you need to use Argo's way.
BUT from what I know you need to use a registred softwear to connect to your car.
Look here in this softwear coverage page
The softwear in red are for registred version of multiecuscan

http://www.multiecuscan.net/SupportedVehiclesList.aspx
And I saw that if you need to connect to your care you have to buy a license
Good luck

amiko

Post by amiko » 30 Sep 2011, 18:20

I can NOT buy a registered multiecuscan until I'm not sure that it is WORKING PROPERLY with my netbook and my interface.

rxsx

Post by rxsx » 01 Oct 2011, 12:09

amiko wrote:I can NOT buy a registered multiecuscan until I'm not sure that it is WORKING PROPERLY with my netbook and my interface.
I think the problem may be in the way the computer tries to communicate with the interface, could you post a screenshot of the Settings (F9) window? EDIT: I found it in your Photobucket folder...
If you're sure the port is correct, try clicking on "Test", and post the results, if you get a timeout try adjusting the communication speed (using the combo box under the button "Text")
EDIT2: As for the resistor, from the blurry photos i can't read "R04" ohm value, so i can't say if that's the problem, for me it worked just by desoldering it, but i have a BT adaptor and the board seems different (for instance i have R04 on the back, not on the front like you).

amiko

Post by amiko » 01 Oct 2011, 12:57

rxsx wrote:
amiko wrote:I can NOT buy a registered multiecuscan until I'm not sure that it is WORKING PROPERLY with my netbook and my interface.
I think the problem may be in the way the computer tries to communicate with the interface, could you post a screenshot of the Settings (F9) window? EDIT: I found it in your Photobucket folder...
If you're sure the port is correct, try clicking on "Test", and post the results, if you get a timeout try adjusting the communication speed (using the combo box under the button "Text")
EDIT2: As for the resistor, from the blurry photos i can't read "R04" ohm value, so i can't say if that's the problem, for me it worked just by desoldering it, but i have a BT adaptor and the board seems different (for instance i have R04 on the back, not on the front like you).
There is no problem in the way computer tries to communicate with the interface, because TEST shows "OK" on everything. I have no screenshot of it. I don't think that is the case. The screenshot you saw in my Photobucket folder was made when I had installed FES 2.6 version that turned out to be hacked (as I discovered) and I removed it at once.
Port is correct. In my netbook settings port number is the same as in the settings of FES. Communication speed is set to 38400, and it is correct, according to FES website instuctions.
Here is the "R04" resistor on photo with better quality:

So, does my interface belong to the FAULTY category and should I remove that resistor or should I leave it?

amiko

Post by amiko » 01 Oct 2011, 22:29

I have some good news :)
I tried FES on 2001year 147 2.0 TS and it WORKED!
It connected to engine ECU without any problem and all functions worked well!
When I tried to connect to ABS, AIRBAG and etc. FES showed that cable is wrong, that's because It needs adapter cables of course.
I am happy, that the interface is not faulty (as I thought at the beginning) but on the other side, I am disappointed about this soft, because I guess it is not working with my 159 2.2JTS :(
Very pity.

amiko

Post by amiko » 05 Oct 2011, 12:10

I have more good news :)
I followed Argo's "dirty" methid :) and now my interface succesfully connects to CAN on my 159!

Here is the photo of ELM327 with removed R04 from it:

Many thanks to Argo! And Yani off course!
Now I'm gonna buy a licensed 3.2 version with my pleasure!

ruda30

Post by ruda30 » 21 Oct 2011, 19:25

Dobry den muže mi někdo pomoc koupil jsem ELM 327 v1.4 co mam odpojit a co připojit abych mohl udělat diagnostiku na, alfu romeo 146 v8 rok 1996 redukci tři pin mam ale nelze načist řidici jednotka .Děkuji
Attachments
ELM_bottom.jpg
ELM_bottom.jpg (108.04 KiB) Viewed 9448 times
ELM_top.jpg
ELM_top.jpg (113.25 KiB) Viewed 9448 times

Zwierzak

Post by Zwierzak » 22 Oct 2011, 07:14

You have to remove R14 / Musisz usunąć R14

amiko

Post by amiko » 22 Oct 2011, 08:04

ruda30 wrote:Dobry den muže mi někdo pomoc koupil jsem ELM 327 v1.4 co mam odpojit a co připojit abych mohl udělat diagnostiku na, alfu romeo 146 v8 rok 1996 redukci tři pin mam ale nelze načist řidici jednotka .Děkuji
Your ELM327 looks a bit different from those which are discribed in this topic.
I can say nothing...
Zwierzak wrote:You have to remove R14 / Musisz usunąć R14
R14 or R04 ???