OBDKEY interface

multiecuscan program usage help
Boras

OBDKEY interface

Post by Boras » 07 Sep 2010, 10:15

Hello all,
where can find and buy OBDKEY interface?
Boras

yani
Site Admin

Re: OBDKEY interface

Post by yani » 08 Sep 2010, 05:35

I have OBDKey 1.40 USB.
There is no special installation. Just plug it in, install the driver and set com port and speed in Multiecuscan. My interface works on 9600 bps.
You can connect to all modules with it, but you need to modify it for the ABS, Airbag and EPS.
My OBDKey interface has some problems with the connection to certain CAN modules like body computer, but the manufacturer has prepared an updated version which should resolve this problem.

Did you try to run the "Test" function from settings window? Does it work?
Did you send me a report?

Yani

bufluca

Post by bufluca » 08 Sep 2010, 06:03

The test interface operates at 9600 bps but does not speak with the car .. look another car to try again .... but the biggest problem is that the producer does not respond to my emails and this is not possible .... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Luca

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 08 Sep 2010, 06:37

Which version is your OBDKey interface?
You can see it by running the "Test" function in Settings.

bufluca

Post by bufluca » 08 Sep 2010, 08:01

Thanks for your reply, I checked now and unfortunately version 1.3 ....
Now will contact the manufacturer for information to update.
I bought the interface 2 days ago and they sent me an older version ....
Luca

OBDKey

Post by OBDKey » 08 Sep 2010, 19:05

Thanks for the comments so far.

Please note that our 1.40 version of the firmware has not been released to production yet and has only been released to software application developers (like Yani here) for recent integration testing.

As of today, 8th September 2010, we are still shipping version 1.30 of the firmware with OBDKey. This version doesn't integrate with Multiecuscan. However, if you have an OBDKey unit (1.30 or earlier) and wish to test it with Multiecuscan, please contact me (support@obdkey.com) and post back your unit. We will be happy to upgrade it to firmware version 1.40 free of charge for Multiecuscan users.

If you are considering OBDKey for use with Multiecuscan please tell me so when you order and I can ensure you will have the right firmware on your unit.

Kind regards,
Sinclair

bufluca

Post by bufluca » 09 Sep 2010, 06:49

After two days of mail from OBDKey have contacted me, and now I have to decide whether to send my expenses for the interface Firmware upgrade or completely return it ...
Yani at this point based on what he writes OBDKey I understand that you did your test with a non-commercial interface ... but you did not specify ... Read the instructions for use multiecuscan you should not include an interface that does not actually exist ...
My mistake was to buy an interface is not ready yet, I had to wait at least 2 months ....

Luca

mattydr67

Post by mattydr67 » 09 Sep 2010, 17:26

Mate please don't be so mad, time will fix everything and you'll have the new firmwear in your interface.
The firmwear upgrade cost 20 UK pounds and you have to send the inetrface back and they will upgrade it.
And plese don't blame anybody especially Yani, everyone can loose to specify something just because somtime we forget, we are human not computers but when you want to purchase something you don't ask nothing just pay for it and that's all. Yani said that multiecuscan works with OBDKey 1.4 firmwear. I wanted to buy but it but I heard that they sell now just version 1.3 and I didn't bought yet, I'm waiting till they have 1.4 for selling.
In this case if they want to sell more interface will upgrade all interface that they have becase if they don't do that nobody buy this interface becasue I have a VagCom and an ELM327 v1.4 and both don't cost more than 30$ and OBDKey cost more that 150$ ( including shipping to my country). So please tell me for what I need to pay 5 times more?
Good luck guy and take my advise: first open up your minde befor buy someting and ask more things. If the seller don't replay in one or two day and they don't give you a good support don't buy that product or from that company becasue you'll have proble in the futhure at least in comunication and support.
B/R
mattydr67

bufluca

Post by bufluca » 27 Oct 2010, 14:11

Last week returned OBDKey interface with the latest firmware 1.4, I did some tests with a Punto 1200 8v 2005 I was able to connect to all units the only thing that works only at the speed 9600bps ...
Do you know if you can work at a higher speed??
Regards.
Luca

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 27 Oct 2010, 15:01

Yes, it can work at higher speeds. It can work even at 500 kbps.
It can be changed by software....