Am I doing something wrong?

multiecuscan program usage help
Ralph2

Am I doing something wrong?

Post by Ralph2 » 28 Aug 2010, 16:31

I seem to have a problem using the unregistered version of Multiecuscan on a Fiat Abarth Selespeed. Using a new 1.4 ELM327 cable everything works, including connection and scan. (Scan finds all the modules I was expecting; engine, selespeed gearbox, doors, body, reversing sensors etc.) When the scan process finishes, the Info screen does not appear. It remains in the startup window (i.e. Vehicle selection list, plus overlay window of the detected modules.) Is this a function of the unregistered version, that I cannot proceed further? Am I missing something obvious? :oops: The behaviour is the same with 2.3.1 and 2.4 versions. I have never seen any error messages. I should explain I want to buy the full version once I know I have the correct hardware and software settings to use it.Thanks in advance for any info.

Ralph2

Re: Am I doing something wrong?

Post by Ralph2 » 28 Aug 2010, 19:59

Right I've answered my own question. It seems I tried to connect to every ecu that can only run in simulation mode. :roll: I somehow managed to miss the ones that DO connect in the freeware version. Paid up for the full version and all is fine and dandy. Thanks for a really useful piece of software Yani!