disconnection, LATENCY TOO HIGH use the worst laptops

multiecuscan program usage help
Darkman

disconnection, LATENCY TOO HIGH use the worst laptops

Post by Darkman » 10 Jun 2011, 12:42

HI all :)

For some time we discuss about our problems in this topic
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2095

but that it bears the title of the release 2.8 - it has already decided to set up a new topic under a different name.

since yesterday we have the FES version 3.0.1 with improved stability for VAG KKL, an additional feature test KKL vag and the addition of high latency mode.today for 3 hours I tested it in two cars: Brava 1.2 16v 2000 use (VAG KKL + 3 PIN ADAPTER), and Punto II 1.2 8V FL, 2004.(only VAG KKL)

I checked with all possible settings of parameters in the KWP, LATENCY, ETC use HLM, PORT com settings corect ....

THIS IS THE SAME - Disconnect ME! :evil:
Sometimes I was able to read for a few seconds, and sometimes disconnection occurred immediately = Brava
As for the Punto I did some work but with up to two selected parameters, maximum of 5 min and ........... guess what? disconnects.

3 pin adapter or causing loss of signal ?????
I did a test several times VAG KKL and :

VagCom/KKL
Testing latency with 50 bytes of data...
min latency: 1 or 2
max latency : from 2 to .............. 69
every time the test shows different latency ??? it is normal ?

of course, the test took place using laptops: 1.5 to 1.8 Ghz CPU the same as before, the same cables VAG KKL and 3 pin adapter. Of course if it comes to ABS is the same thing !!!!!

READ THE ACTUAL PERFORMANCE = Disconnect :cry: :cry: :cry:

generally I ran out of options ....... or 3 laptops are damaged, 2 x cables KKL vag and a 3 pin connector is also broken, I do not know where the problem is ....... Of course when I plug it into a strong laptop problem disappears....

suggestions, hints, your opinions of those of us at a test ????
http://www.youtube.com/user/darkmanxxx09?feature=mhum
Channel with our cars & diagnostics Fiat Brava using Multiecuscan - VAG KKL dedicated for FES + ELM327 1.4

yani
Site Admin

Re: disconnection, LATENCY TOO HIGH use the worst laptops

Post by yani » 10 Jun 2011, 13:36

Hi,

For testing of Multiecuscan 3.0 I got a very old dell latitude.
The spec are really low - P3/1000, 256 MB ram, Win XPSP2, USB 1.1, .NET 2.0SP1, latest FTDI drivers.

This laptop really disconnects very often with version 2.8, but does not disconnect with 3.0. I can monitor any number of parameters and record data without disconnecting.
The latency test on this old laptop always reports 5-8ms and never more than 10ms.

Having a latency of 69ms is totally unacceptable from the vehicle communication protocol. It cannot work with such a high latency.
The fact that the latency jumps up to 69ms from time to time means that probably there is some process which locks or overloads the CPU at certain intervals.
I think that you should try to fix this latency problem first. It doesn't mean that the computer is broken, it is most probably a software problem.

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 10 Jun 2011, 13:52

Actually, as I think now, I can write a separate simple program which will constantly monitor the latency .... so that you can see at which point it goes up and down. This way you can try to find the problem by disabling/enabling services and drivers.

Darkman

Post by Darkman » 10 Jun 2011, 16:29

Hi Yani, thank you for your interest and response. I do not want to take your precious time just because of my problem. But if you can somehow help me to write this program and I will be grateful :)
love to see the end where the problem lies. FES Your program is wonderful, unimaginable do NOT use it. The family car is 70% of Fiat, Alfa....
Channel with our cars & diagnostics Fiat Brava using Multiecuscan - VAG KKL dedicated for FES + ELM327 1.4

wellij81

Post by wellij81 » 11 Jun 2011, 20:48

Hi Yani and Darkman,

As you know I have had the same disconnect problem, and now I have just tried V3.01, and I can also say that nothing has changed from 2.8.2. It is still unusable.
The only difference with my laptop (Dell Latitude 1.7GHz) compared to Darkman is that the latency test shows min 3, max 4 with the port latency set to 1mS. With port latency set to 2, the test shows min 1 max 2. I don't get figures higher than 3 or 4. I also tried ticking the High Latency box, which it says is for latency more than 10, and that actually makes it disconnect faster!

I tried the slow-optimal-fast settings, and the fast setting makes it disconnect quicker, but it still disconnects on slow. It always happens on Bosch ABS 5.3. As soon as I start ticking Parameters boxes, the red High latency starts flashing, then when I click the Graph tab it sometimes disconnects. Sometimes I start the graph and it disconnects, sometimes it runs for 30s before disconnecting, and sometimes it doesn't disconnect until I drive and generate some data.

I checked Task Manager and Multiecuscan is taking 10-20% CPU time, and there are one or two other processes intermittently taking 1-2%, so basically the program has as much of the CPU as it needs.

If you can do anything to find out what is happening Yani, it would be much appreciated. By the way, I also tested V3.01 on a completely different laptop (a 1.6GHz netbook) and got the same results.

If you have any latency testing software I would be very happy to try it out for you.

Jon

Darkman

Post by Darkman » 11 Jun 2011, 21:33

Hi wellij81 :)

after starting the program, and waiting a few minutes - then nothing I did just waited it also came down from the latency min 2 max 4 but it still disconnects me. With ABS I have the same thing. Already tried so many configurations so that those that you and many others that there was not enough to the server to describe it.
Yani specialny yesterday sent me a simple program that checks for the LATENCY in the interface connected to the car. I did the measurements and data-sent him pictures. Waiting at Yani says.

I repeat for the rest who do learn to read the first time that using your laptop for example, type HP 4510 S 2.2 GHz CPU - does not have this problem, even if it works AntiVirus, savings in batteries, etc. :)

wellij81

Post by wellij81 » 11 Jun 2011, 22:28

Hi Darkman,

This is where our experiences are different. When I tried a really powerful laptop (Core i5 etc) it still did not work - it disconnected exactly the same as the slow laptops.

I have just tried running Sysinternals Process Explorer while running FES 2.5, and I could not find anything wrong when it disconnects. While connecting I see hardware interrupts taking up to 10% CPU, FES.exe is taking 10-20%, and there is really nothing else of any significance. I hope something comes out of your latency tests for Yani.

Jon

mattydr67

Post by mattydr67 » 12 Jun 2011, 15:04

Hi guys I can confirm that the 3.0 or 3.0.1 version of FES don't fix this issue.
I tried yesterday in two diffrent cars ( Alfa 155 1.8 and 2.0 )
ECU 2.10.3 and 2.10.4
I tested it using two diffrent laptops and 4 diffrent tools (all VAG kkl )
Using FES versions 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 I coud make tests even time to time appears Latency Too High, but I could.
Using newer versions 2.8.2, 3.0 and 3.0.1 I couldn't.
I could connect to the ECU but in 2-3 second it disconected.
No way to keep connection.
How I said before in other threads the problems is in the softwears not into the laptops or into the drivers or in to the tools.
Good luck and I sure that Yani will fix this issue.

wellij81

Post by wellij81 » 12 Jun 2011, 20:03

Thanks Mattydr67, I think it shows that a number of us still have problems, but each problem is slightly different. Yani said above that he used a P3 laptop and it works well on V3.01, and he blames our problems on things interrupting the CPU, so I decided to try my old 800MHz P3 desktop PC. It does not connect to the internet, so it has never had antivirus or firewall installed, it has no wireless, and has very few running processes. The CPU does nothing in the background. It has Win XP SP3. The latency test reports around 3-4mS, sometimes 7 or 8 maximum, just like Yani's. The difference is, he says his does not disconnect, whereas mine does! If I start ticking parameters, the latency warning flashes, and when I go to the Graph tab, it disconnects. It still does that with the slow setting and the High Latency box ticked.

The common factors are: Multiecuscan software, my Bosch 5.3 ABS ECU, the FDTI chipset in the cable. The computers I have tried are all so different, that it cannot be anything to do with them. I get the same result with a 800MHz P3 running XP and a 2.6GHz Win7 Core i5 4GB of RAM latest laptop.

I have tried 2 different cables, obviously both with the FDTI chipset.

Yani: a question about your P3 laptop - you said it has .Net 2.0 and you can tick parameters. How do you do that? I had .Net 2 and I could not tick parameters until I upgraded to .Net 3.5.

Thanks,

Jon

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 12 Jun 2011, 20:17

I have .NET 2.0 SP1. You need to install SP1.
But if you have installed 3.5 it should be ok.