Proxy Allignment for a new radio

multiecuscan program usage help
bas_bravonl

Proxy Allignment for a new radio

Post by bas_bravonl » 07 Feb 2023, 11:52

Hi everyone, this is my first post on this forum and I am experiencing quite the problem. I recently purchased a all in one radio from the internet that should be plug and play. I wanted it to replace the Nav+ radio in my bravo 2007. Now when I went to install it something weird happened, the moment the connection was made my whole car turned on without the key in te contact (all electronics that is) and a bunch of warnings came on and the car did not want to turn off anymore. I could still fully start it, the radio seems to work fine as well, all the CAN features seem to work. The car seems to be the problem. I kinda expected this since I will probably need to do a proxy alignment but I’m unsure how to tackle this problem.
What cables do I need and what do I need to do in MES to make the third party radio work? Can I just do the proxy alignment and will that fix it? Can I do the proxy alignment be performed if the new radio is attached and the car is doing all its weird things?

I personally think it may have something to do with the nav+ but there is so little information about this online so I cannot confirm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

shpuncik

Re: Proxy Allignment for a new radio

Post by shpuncik » 07 Feb 2023, 17:10

first thing is to check if wiring on car side corresponds to wiring on radio side.

bas_bravonl

Post by bas_bravonl » 07 Feb 2023, 19:41

shpuncik wrote:
07 Feb 2023, 17:10
first thing is to check if wiring on car side corresponds to wiring on radio side.
Does anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram for the Nav+ for the Bravo II (2007+)? I have looked everywhere but just cannot seem to find anything. Also do you think its more a wiring issue than a proxy allignment issue?

shpuncik

Post by shpuncik » 07 Feb 2023, 22:25

aftermarket radios do not know anything about proxi. if you connected aftermarket radio and all electronics went haywire there is definitely something not right with wiring even if connectors are plug&play.

bas_bravonl

Post by bas_bravonl » 10 Feb 2023, 07:43

Alright so for anyone wondering how I solved this, apparently if you have the NAV+ option in your Fiat Bravo II, the radio wiring loom has a extra blue cable that by defeault is connected to P.ANT (Which is power for the antenna which is 12V!) So by removing this pin from the aftermarket radio wiring loom everything works flawlessly!