Alfa Giulia - do I have SGW?

multiecuscan program usage help
chris141058

Alfa Giulia - do I have SGW?

Post by chris141058 » 08 Mar 2022, 11:05

Having recently purchased a Giulia Veloce in the UK (so right hand drive) I wanted to do an oil change but as the car was registered in May 2018 I assumed it had SGW. I looked around the steering column but could not find the module so I upgraded my MES to 4.8. I ran a scan and scan DTC but there was no indication of SWG. From reading various Forums I assumed that when I ran MES a warning would pop up telling me I had SGW.
However, when I tried to change the last service date I got the Failed to Execute Message. I am using an ELM 327 cable.
So my questions are:
1) If MES does not automatically tell me if I have SGW how do I get it to tell me?
2) If I don't have SGW why am I not able to change the Service date?
Thanks
Chris

s130

Re: Alfa Giulia - do I have SGW?

Post by s130 » 08 Mar 2022, 11:57

I believe MES will tell you if you have SGW.

On some/many Fiat/Alfa models setting service dates etc. have been known to fail. On my Croma 2005 I seem to recall I could do a Service Reset but could not change the service date or the mileage interval.

If you want to check for SGW then try one of the Actuator functions. These would normally be blocked by SGW (well this is my understanding in that all write functions are blocked by SGW).
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

chrener

Post by chrener » 15 May 2022, 07:38

chris141058 wrote:
08 Mar 2022, 11:05
Having recently purchased a Giulia Veloce in the UK (so right hand drive) I wanted to do an oil change but as the car was registered in May 2018 I assumed it had SGW. I looked around the steering column but could not find the module so I upgraded my MES to 4.8. I ran a scan and scan DTC but there was no indication of SWG. From reading various Forums I assumed that when I ran MES a warning would pop up telling me I had SGW.
However, when I tried to change the last service date I got the Failed to Execute Message. I am using an ELM 327 cable.
So my questions are:
1) If MES does not automatically tell me if I have SGW how do I get it to tell me?
2) If I don't have SGW why am I not able to change the Service date?
Thanks
Chris
Hi!
It is easy...
Connect to CAN Setup and MES show you list of present modules...
If you want to know your current setting, so share your custom proxi...
Than well see more (also service interval, etc..)
Jeep Renegade 1.4 MultiAir TURBO 75th Anniversary

shpuncik

Post by shpuncik » 15 May 2022, 11:11

chrener wrote:
15 May 2022, 07:38
...Connect to CAN Setup and MES show you list of present modules...
if SGW bypass has been used and proxi alignment performed proxi won't show SGW presence. in this case you'll either have to check physically for SGW presence or try to perform active diagnostic on any ECU - delete errors, perform actuation.