Help - Empty PROXI file in Body Computer (BCM)

multiecuscan program usage help
BoDukeDave

Help - Empty PROXI file in Body Computer (BCM)

Post by BoDukeDave » 28 Apr 2021, 16:53

Hi everyone,

This is my 1st post (so Hello) and unfortunately a cry for help or requesting some advice.

I recently purchased a 2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Veloce. I already had a Bluetooth ODBII adapter (Tried to attach picture but informed board quota was reached), which I checked for functionality with MES on Windows 10, all worked fine. I could read all ECUs and settings, I've also already used the device with Torque app on my phone to reset minor fault codes.

I wanted to enable race mode, hence I also purchased a QF DNA switch, MES license and the relevant coloured adapters.

This was the article I was using for reference - https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/how-to-enable-race-mode-on-non-qv-2018-maybe-2017-2019.46258/

As per the post, I checked that I could alter something simple (ensuring I didn't have the security module of later cars), as I could not find the suggested horn setting, I disabled the seatbelt warning in the body computer.

The change was reported successful and I no longer have a seatbelt warning sound. I thought no more of it and was happy I had no security module.

However, I've now installed the QF DNA switch and upon trying to reconnect to the BCM, I now receive Empty PROXI file in BCM through MES.

I could connect to this module before, I can still access all other modules and I'm worried that I've caused some irreversible issue using MES and BT adapter.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shpuncik

Re: Help - Empty PROXI file in Body Computer (BCM)

Post by shpuncik » 29 Apr 2021, 08:23

BoDukeDave wrote:
28 Apr 2021, 16:53
...using MES and BT adapter.
use USB adapter

BoDukeDave

Re: Help - Empty PROXI file in Body Computer (BCM)

Post by BoDukeDave » 02 May 2021, 13:17

Thankyou for the response, I purchased a USB adapter which worked.

Unfortunately I now have another issue, but I'll create a new post.