my registration has expired !

multiecuscan program usage help
samlcampbell

my registration has expired !

Post by samlcampbell » 08 Feb 2016, 22:20

I thought my paid registration was not time limited, but after updating to 2.9 I get an expired registration message. Anybody got a solution?

s130

Re: my registration has expired !

Post by s130 » 10 Feb 2016, 10:07

Email support@multiecuscan.net including as much information about your purchased license but *before* so *please* read what follows otherwise you will be wasting your time and MES support's time unnecessarily.

FYI as a general rule of thumb people who bought the original FiatECUScan had lifetime licenses and these were transferred to MutiECUScan V1.0 when it was released. These will/should work for all future MES versions.

From MultiECUScan V1.0 then a purchased license was valid for one year only for any and all updates MES updates were included. At the end of the license year then your license is still valid but only for your current MES Version. Downloading a later version after the year has expired will result in a "License Expired" condition. Personally I've never seen/had this occur.

If your license has genuinely expired then you will have to revert to a previous version of MES. This will then work with no restrictions as it did before.

Some people were not entirely happy with the new licensing but there was some fairly sensible business logic behind the new cheap 50 Euro one year license. For most private people looking to use MES on their own car then for the 50 euros they get a reasonable bargain compared to other comparable pro diagnostic software which DO FULLY expire after a given period. Depending on the level of coverage MES has for their cars at the time of purchase then they will probably not need to update every year and probably only when they change their car(s) to models not covered by their current license.

There are also professional garages and technicians making money servicing and fixing customers cars for a living. Buying other pro diagnostic kit will cost them 100s, if not 1000s of Euro PER year. So for then having to spend 50 Euros every year to be fully up to date is a bargain.

The alternative for MES was to go the full typical PRO route and significantly increase the cost of MES for all end users.

I think MES has struck a sensible compromise from a business viability point of view buy satisfying both the amateur and pro user markets.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus