FAULTY ELM 327 INTERFACES DE-MYSTIFIED (READ HERE)

multiecuscan program usage help
Marco

Re: FAULTY ELM 327 INTERFACES DE-MYSTIFIED (READ HERE)

Post by Marco » 31 Mar 2015, 12:19

Hello everyone,
my name is Mark and I write from Italy,
I created a Facebook page for an application written by a Russian friend, is called lanciacanbus.
This application reads the canbus providing a graphical interface for launching Delta and Fiat Bravo.

it is necessary to make changes to the adapter OBD.
Sometimes things do not go as they should. then I report some things and ask you for help.

// first adapter
if remove R34 the dashboard give more errors. Why?
and this adapter has just 4 wire, 16-5 (+e -) and 14 - 6 (canBus).
this adapter can read only CanBus?

//Second adapter
Version 1.5
after removing the resistance indicated,
I can keep the connection for 30 seconds,
can you tell me why?

Thanks a lot
Marco

RedemP

Post by RedemP » 04 Apr 2015, 04:36

transamgta wrote:Hello everyone

I"m Kris from Poland. Few days ago I bought Vgate OBD scanner but I can only check the engine ECU. Please anyone can tell me which resistor i must remove from this :

Thank You
i bought the vgate usb version. could only connect to engine and gearbox initially. the pcb looks different, but there was only one 121 resistor on it, and once removed i could connect to all canbus modules.

vince59

Post by vince59 » 11 Apr 2015, 19:51

Finally I got another cheap china elm 327 and after removing the 120 ohm resistor between pins 14 and 9 I was able to connect to the CAN network but I still have something to solve with FES.
I connected to the car and I was able to DISABLE the safety belt reminder. I wonder if disabling the seatbelt reminder is there any effect on the start & stop.
I was also able to connect to service reset but some items are not shown. Following some pics
I could reset the service but I get FAILED when I try to wrute the last service date.
Any hint?

the device with the dip switch to change adapter mode

the screen output

blkid

Post by blkid » 16 Apr 2015, 07:39

Just to enforce the murphy's law (!!!), I bought another adapter from a different vendor and with different description, but I got another scanner identical to the previous with chip BK3231Q + MCP2515 + TJA1040. From the previous change the PCB color. The older was green, this red. Also this work on my kia rio but now i cannot test on alfa 159 and multiecuscan. This weekend i will test on fiat punto jtd and on alfa 156 mjet 140cv. The board is identical to this, except for red color of pcb:
3_3_BK3231.JPG
3_3_BK3231.JPG (110.18 KiB) Viewed 6626 times
4_3_MCP2515.JPG
4_3_MCP2515.JPG (106.23 KiB) Viewed 6626 times
The bluetooth mac address identified is different from the older with green pcb, so is a different firmware cloned. The 2 previous, with green PCB, had both the same mac address, this with red pcb have different mac address from green.

Does anyone have an adapter like this, with the same red pcb color, and made some tests? I will test it with mes on fiat car as soon as I can!
Cxem you ever gotten a version of this card with red PCB? Change something in Firmware?

I hope sooner or later to find a damn adapter compatible with fiat ecu. Now it seems that comes only these bugged adapter with bk3231q chip.

Thank you all.

Waltomatic

Post by Waltomatic » 16 Apr 2015, 12:36

blkid wrote:Just to enforce the murphy's law (!!!), ...
KKKKKKKK, I loved it

Do not get it right and today I am impatient to translate (Google), but you know that Mac Adreess may well be completely different, right? In theory, until it should be.

blkid

Post by blkid » 16 Apr 2015, 14:28

Waltomatic wrote:
blkid wrote:Just to enforce the murphy's law (!!!), ...
KKKKKKKK, I loved it

Do not get it right and today I am impatient to translate (Google), but you know that Mac Adreess may well be completely different, right? In theory, until it should be.

Yes, in theory mac address should be unique for every device, but is configured by sw, so if they cloned all, included mac, all the devices that run the same identical bytecode have the same identical mac address. This thing should also be illegal, but that's how they made these adapters. Now the "new" adapter, identical in board except of red pcb color, have different mac address from my green adapter, so is a different sw clone and the only hope I have is that it is "better" cloned!

Waltomatic

Post by Waltomatic » 16 Apr 2015, 14:47

blkid wrote:Yes, in theory mac address should be unique for every device, but is configured by sw, so if they cloned all, included mac, all the devices that run the same identical bytecode have the same identical mac address. This thing should also be illegal, but that's how they made these adapters. Now the "new" adapter, identical in board except of red pcb color, have different mac address from my green adapter, so is a different sw clone and the only hope I have is that it is "better" cloned!

blkid

Post by blkid » 19 Apr 2015, 08:24

Good an bad news! This adapter have a better cloned software and on a Fiat punto JTD is able to "connect". The problem is that if i connect torque before turn on engine on the gauge cluster all goes to zero and the diesel low level led start to blink. In addiction the engine not start! It i start the pairing after turn on engine, is still able to connect but data readed are totally wrong. For example It read as engine revs at idle of 180rpm, coolant temp of 215° Celsius, etc. Now this is probably an hw fault on the K-line, but also on this adapter the case is glued and to open It i must destroy all!!! So another adapter come back to the vendor :(

lucarossi.1963

Post by lucarossi.1963 » 19 Apr 2015, 16:49

Good evening, I'm new and I bought two Chinese elm 327 sold for V1.5 and V2.1 result.
And 'possible to make them compatible with multiecuscan?

Code: Select all

COMMAND: ATZ
RESPONSE: ATZ

ELM327 v2.1

>

COMMAND: ATI
RESPONSE: ATI
ELM327 v2.1

>

COMMAND: ATE0
RESPONSE: ATE0
OK

>

COMMAND: ATL0
RESPONSE: OK

>

COMMAND: ATH0

>

COMMAND: ATSPC

>

COMMAND: ATS0

>

COMMAND: ATCAF0

>

COMMAND: ATCFC0
RESPONSE: ?

>

COMMAND: ATCRA 7B0

>

COMMAND: ATSH 7B0

>

COMMAND: ATAT1

>

COMMAND: ATST41

>

COMMAND: ATBI

>

WARNING: This interface is not compatible with ELM 327 1.3! Will not connect to any CAN module.

Alfaeddy

Post by Alfaeddy » 19 Apr 2015, 18:07

Hello Lucarossi

What ELM this is because in the image
v1.5?
or
v2.1?

This is the version v2.1 not to change to work with MES can

But the v1.5 before, this is to be modified.

But I do need a better picture
and yet
What kind of car and what control you want to read ???

Greeting Eddy