Engine Code Change!

Post multiecuscan feature requests
jackieboy8

Engine Code Change!

Post by jackieboy8 » 18 May 2010, 18:56

Hello, my wife haves a Fiat Stilo 1.9 JTD. But a Year ago we had to replace the Engine. But they made a mistake so now the Engine code is wrong. And when the police stops me I will have to pay a lot of money beqause they will think it's stolen but it isn't :evil: (didn't happend yet). But when i did go back to the garage where they changed the engine they couldn't do it for me. And Fiat dealer said to me it can't be done :cry: . But i readed something on the web that tells me that it is posible?? Can someone help me Please? :?: ;) Thx

bas

Re: Engine Code Change!

Post by bas » 19 May 2010, 18:26

The main thing is: where are You from?
For example, in Poland, engine number does not matter.

BAS

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 20 May 2010, 23:21

I think changing the engine code, if possibile, it's a kind of chip-tuning stuff...It's doesn't belong to multiecuscan purpose.

jackieboy8

Post by jackieboy8 » 22 May 2010, 09:04

I'm From the Netherlands and here is does matter :cry: A engine code is the same as the VIN right? So is it posible? Thx!
bas wrote:The main thing is: where are You from?
For example, in Poland, engine number does not matter.

BAS

devc

Post by devc » 22 May 2010, 19:03

The VIN Number is the Vehicle Identification Number and is he most important number on the vehicle.
From the VIN no the engine number & registration number & ownership can be obtained.
The engine number is also indicated on the registration papers but can be changed by the traffic
authorities or Police. Just enquire about it and it can save you a lot of hassles.