Alfa Giulietta disable AFS (adaptive frontlight system)

Post multiecuscan feature requests
Alfaniac

Alfa Giulietta disable AFS (adaptive frontlight system)

Post by Alfaniac » 03 Aug 2021, 20:38

Hello. I was wondering if it would be possible to permanently disable the adaptive frontlight system (AFS) on a MY2012 Giulietta with xenon headlights. Almost everything else can be modified through MES (car configuration change in BCM) except this. I even tried to go the route to unplug the module responsible for the AFS and doing a proxy alignment, but disconnecting it disables the airbag module as well, so no go. Is there a way to do this?

P.S. The reason I want it permanently disabled is because it throws an error whilst driving if I don't disable it by button and I'm not about to go fix it with buying a new pair of headlights (the only solution for my problem found online).

shpuncik

Re: Alfa Giulietta disable AFS (adaptive frontlight system)

Post by shpuncik » 03 Aug 2021, 21:53

most likely AFS is connected in series on CAN bus. look for CAN bus wires on connector and bridge them when AFS is disconnected and do proxi. this will remove AFS but airbag node will be left untouched.
Last edited by shpuncik on 04 Aug 2021, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

Alfaniac

Re: Alfa Giulietta disable AFS (adaptive frontlight system)

Post by Alfaniac » 04 Aug 2021, 18:57

You are most definitely right, it is a serial CAN line plug, and I've located the module itself, it is virtually IMPOSSIBLE to unplug it without decompiling most of the car. It is in unreachable space, I've tried to unplug it for two hours, and officialy give up.

Is there any chance MES will offer for it to be programatically removed from the body computer, like the start/stop can be removed?