GIULIA/STELVIO Addition to front parking sensors in Proxy adjustment

Post multiecuscan feature requests
GenTLe

GIULIA/STELVIO Addition to front parking sensors in Proxy adjustment

Post by GenTLe » 14 Jan 2021, 15:48

After having installed the 8 channel module for the parking sensors (4 for the rear and 4 for the front bumper) in place of the 4 channel only (rear bumper only), and the sensors themselves, it would be nice to have the proxy adjustment entry to activate the front ones.
I've read (and someone, the guy that asked to MES support, tested it too) that changing the proxy bit 118 from 00 to 10 and doing the alignment would do the trick, making the front sensors to be visible on the infotainment display.
Still it would be great to have the entry voice into the MES without having to manually play with the bits, thing that can induce errors and so on.

Thanks, Alex

chrener

Re: GIULIA/STELVIO Addition to front parking sensors in Proxy adjustment

Post by chrener » 20 May 2021, 20:23

Hi!
PDC Sensor adjustment is here:
- Byte 118 = 80 only 4 rear sensors
- Byte 118 = 90 front and rear 8 sensors
Jeep Renegade 1.4 MultiAir TURBO 75th Anniversary

Ambroteklab

Post by Ambroteklab » 13 Dec 2022, 18:35

chrener wrote:
20 May 2021, 20:23
Hi!
I have a problem with the sensors and the 3d generation ETM, after installed the 2020 infotainment (touch veraion) on my 2017 veloce the sensors stops working, initially I thought it was the fault of the lack of front sensors, so I bought the ECU for 8 sensors and I also mounted the front sensors, I set byte 118 to 10 and it doesn't work, I tried to set byte 118 to 90 and neither case they work.
the message "check all the surrounding area" appears for a second then disappears only when i start the car and does not emit sound or video on the screen, I tried to disable the amplifier (I have a medium system) and the sensors sound but cannot be seen on the video but radio sound not coming out, then i have restored the byte of the amplifier.
do you know if there are other bytes to modify after installed the my20 ETM?
Thanks in advance.

chrener

Post by chrener » 14 Dec 2022, 15:21

Ambroteklab wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 18:35
chrener wrote:
Hi!
I have a problem with the sensors and the 3d generation ETM, after installed the 2020 infotainment (touch veraion) on my 2017 veloce the sensors stops working, initially I thought it was the fault of the lack of front sensors, so I bought the ECU for 8 sensors and I also mounted the front sensors, I set byte 118 to 10 and it doesn't work, I tried to set byte 118 to 90 and neither case they work.
the message "check all the surrounding area" appears for a second then disappears only when i start the car and does not emit sound or video on the screen, I tried to disable the amplifier (I have a medium system) and the sensors sound but cannot be seen on the video but radio sound not coming out, then i have restored the byte of the amplifier.
Thanks in advance.
If you disabled amplifier you have to do Bypass for a speakers. Its a little loom before the AMP wire...
Proxi alignment done with success?

Ambroteklab

Post by Ambroteklab » 19 Dec 2022, 16:57

I have disabled the amplifier by changing byte on proxy with the byte of an giulia with base sound system (my giulia has the medium level sound system) and the sound of the sensors come out from the speaker, obviously the sound from the radio don’t work and i got an advice of error on the cluster “sound system non available”.
At this point I think the problem is with the proxy configuration of the my20 ETM and the amplifier.
The proxy alignment is successfully completed every time, in all the cases, by put byte 118 from 00 to 10 the proxy is successfully completed without errors and inside the park module don’t appear any error.
The problem is only the visualization on the screen and the sound..
Thanks too much..

shpuncik

Post by shpuncik » 19 Dec 2022, 21:21

have you checked settings in infotainment - there are settings to disable/enable parking sensors visualization etc.

chrener

Post by chrener » 21 Dec 2022, 14:15

Try to do flash on your PCM unit

GenTLe

Post by GenTLe » 22 Dec 2022, 10:19

Ambroteklab wrote:
13 Dec 2022, 18:35
chrener wrote:
Hi!
Thanks in advance.
If you put the 3rd gen ETM you need to replace also the climate control module with the newer one...

shpuncik

Post by shpuncik » 22 Dec 2022, 12:10

GenTLe wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 10:19
If you put the 3rd gen ETM you need to replace also the climate control module with the newer one...
doubt HVAC module has something to do with PDC not showing up on display. if it could be something then maybe instrument cluster needs to be from MY20 too.

GenTLe

Post by GenTLe » 28 Apr 2023, 08:41

shpuncik wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 12:10
GenTLe wrote:
22 Dec 2022, 10:19
doubt HVAC module has something to do with PDC not showing up on display. if it could be something then maybe instrument cluster needs to be from MY20 too.
It has, already tested from people that mounted the latest touch screen ETM on their car :)