Giulia/Stelvio BCM adjustment for "Race Mode"

Post multiecuscan feature requests
gobits

Giulia/Stelvio BCM adjustment for "Race Mode"

Post by gobits » 06 Jan 2021, 18:17

It would be great if there was a way to use MES to change the Race Mode settings in the BCM for those 2.0 Alfa's that have the R DNA controllers installed (not stock, I know). Currently, when enabled, the Race Mode keeps the N map from the ECU but when someone (like me) has a "Tuned" ECU with separate maps for A, N, and D modes, respectively, it would be good to have the ability to alter the ECU map that Race Mode uses, so that the D map, for instance, is enabled in Race Mode.

I have spoken to the tuning companies and they assure me that the reason dual maps do not work as expected (I'd expect the D ECU tune in Race Mode), is down to the byte configuration in the BCM. This seems like something that is within the capabilities of MES and would be a very useful feature as there are many Race DNA controllers sold to 2.0 Giulia and Stelvio owners.

GenTLe

Re: Giulia/Stelvio BCM adjustment for "Race Mode"

Post by GenTLe » 14 Jan 2021, 15:40

Basically you can't do that.
The explanation is here https://www.giuliaforums.com/threads/how-to-enable-race-mode-on-non-qv-2018-maybe-2017-2019.46258/ (see the parts for the "MODES" down in the 1st post), if you can read through the post, you can see that when you enable the "race mode" to disable the ESP, you're basically going to affect the other DNA modes in the ECU. The QV can have 4 maps because it has a different ECU (BOSCH) instead of the 2.0 Magneti Marelli.