custom car creation (profiles)

Post multiecuscan feature requests
nariz

custom car creation (profiles)

Post by nariz » 25 Apr 2015, 13:35

Hello,

I'm from Brazil and the MES has no models of cars produced here, but we can use the MES in our vehicles selecting ECU's cars made in other countries.
My suggestion is that the MES could have the option to create custom cars. Create a profile by selecting all compatible modules, so would be very simple to read the ECU's of the cars that are not available in MES.

Would everything organized.

I translated this with help of Google ... I'm sorry.

Thank you.

s130

Re: custom car creation (profiles)

Post by s130 » 25 Apr 2015, 15:21

It is my understanding that you can't currently select a different car model which has the same or similar ECU to your unsupported car.

So I believe what you are asking for is to create a car profile, e.g. "My Fiat Tank" and then to navigate to say "Fiat Croma 2005" and then select the Engine ECU for the Croma to be added as the ECU for "My Fiat Tank". You then continue to add ABS, Airbag etc. to your profile.

I think this would be a great idea as it would help other users who are waiting for MES "official" program support for their vehicles.

I'm sure Yani will see this feature request in due course and give it consideration.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

Waltomatic

Re: custom car creation (profiles)

Post by Waltomatic » 25 Apr 2015, 22:06

BOA, NARIZ!!!

Acho que dava mesmo prá customizar a tela de parâmetros, DTCs e o caralho, rsrsrsrs. Tudo isso baseado na comunicação com a central correta. Por acaso você não imagina se eu consigo conectar o MES (ou AlfaODB?) com um velho Palio 1.5 1996, né?

ABS