can analyzer

Post multiecuscan feature requests
devist

can analyzer

Post by devist » 15 Oct 2011, 11:14

Hi... is it possible add a function can analyzer ? like EOBD-Facile?
thank yuo an advance
Devis :D

yani
Site Admin

Re: can analyzer

Post by yani » 15 Oct 2011, 12:12

I don't understand. What should this function do?

devist

Post by devist » 15 Oct 2011, 13:24

Hi Yani thank you for fast reply ...whith this ..is possible analyze the protocol ..and view the graphical like this:
http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/z ... AP-CAN.pdf
exist other software tool ..have this feature EOBD FACILE but not have all function of your best software FES !!
At moment..FES ..for me and many people think .. is the best softare for diagnostic and more ..Thank you for your hard work !!!..
sorry for my bad english.. :D

s130

Post by s130 » 16 Oct 2011, 18:17

Let us wait to see what Yani replys but these are my views

1) Currently support for basic diagnostics on various Fiat and Alfa models exceeds Yani's ability to provide them in a timely manner. I don't see this getting any better as the popularity and respect for ECU scan grows. He will always be a little "behind the curve" with function support but as you will no doubt see and appreciate he is coping very well. (Thanks to Yani)

2) Can analyzer function could possibly be added as Multiecuscan already has to negotiate the vehicle's CAN Bus but at the moment I don't see this a being a key/core Multiecuscan function. It is what I would call a little more 'hardcore' diagnostic function of CAN Bus as opposed to vehicle diagnostics.

3) I'm thinking that this function would only be required by a small minority of users and of those the most would be professional workshops trying to diagnose complex issues on a vehicles CAN Bus.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

devist

Post by devist » 17 Oct 2011, 17:30

thank you S130 ... for me this function is an good diagnostic for network can ... is possible diagnose if the signal is good and valid ...whith this feature this software is like EXAMINER... but is only my opinion...
Yani do a good work ..but if is possible i ask to you..

sorry for my bad english :D

s130

Post by s130 » 17 Oct 2011, 20:25

I understand where you are coming from/driving at.

I guess Yani/Multiecuscan could (if it does not already do so) privide a simple Go/No Go status on CAN Bus signal integrity. However as things stand if multiecuscan can not communicate with CAN Bus then connection fails. Personally I've not encountered this problem/situation so do not know what Multiecuscan does/reports when it happens.

Let us rest this thread for a while and no doubt Yani will come back with a position.

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 18 Oct 2011, 10:23

I still don't understand what you want...
You want to be able to monitor all messages on the CAN network?

s130

Post by s130 » 18 Oct 2011, 20:53

Yani, from what I read here: http://www.mcumall.com/comersus/store/z ... AP-CAN.pdf this person is basically looking for detailed CAN-Bus communication/information/diagnostics.

From my previous replys to the post/request/question I think this sort of function would be nice BUT NOT at the expense of what Multiecuscan's prime functions are:

Vehicle node diagnostics
Maximum vehicle coverage
Best future and aftercare support possible

CAN-Bus diagnostic software is available elsewhere and functionality depends on what people are prepared to pay. If you can easily implement the most basic of CAN-Bus diagnotics then great but personally anything other than basic support is NOT somethnig I would implement at this stage of FiatECScan's lifecycle.

devist

Post by devist » 19 Oct 2011, 07:20

yani wrote:I still don't understand what you want...
You want to be able to monitor all messages on the CAN network?
Yes Yani if you can .. :) and if is possible filter ...like an log .. i think is useful for understand the function of this system..
But is only my opinion..
thank you
devist ;)

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 20 Oct 2011, 21:14

If implemented, it would be a good sniffer... :D
but i don't see how it could help you on car issues.

By the way, I'd like it, but maybe it would not be a good choice for fes future/market. :roll: