Grande Punto Requests

Post multiecuscan feature requests
EnIgMa

Re: Grande Punto Requests

Post by EnIgMa » 05 Mar 2012, 21:54

I asked for a confirmation and a guy said it can be done with original fiat examiner... :? (i'm talking about hazard lights...when you brake hard..)

Can't wait to know if it is real or not....it sounds strange to me because nobody i know did that...and they are a lot! only one is saying it is possible...

Juggers2k

Post by Juggers2k » 06 Mar 2012, 10:14

EnIgMa wrote:Yani big news :D
I heard that the function of "hazard lights" should be deactivated/activated like belt buzz on body computer.
I'm talking about the function that activate all the indicator lights when you brake really hard...
this function is present on grande punto, grande punto abarth, 500 abarth...i think alfa romeo mito and so on and after year 2008 or 2009...

That function is known as one of the most annoying function on a car :) especially by track drivers :)
Why on earth would you ever want to turn that off?
If you're braking hard enough that the hazards are coming on, you really shouldn't be concentrating on the hazard lights :)
I would quite happily be annoyed by it, if it meant the truck behind me on a motorway gets an extra second to stop, rather than driving through my car...
2008 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 8v Eleganza

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 06 Mar 2012, 15:11

Because in italy we are mental... :) and a lot of us drive with no brain at all on the street :D

Just kidding...
By the way, it happens like never on street and anyway it really really bother you while driving on a track... (and i know more the one guy that are on a track really often..)
So, if it is possible... why not :)

fiatbravoemotion

Post by fiatbravoemotion » 06 Mar 2012, 18:43

EnIgMa wrote:I asked for a confirmation and a guy said it can be done with original fiat examiner... :? (i'm talking about hazard lights...when you brake hard..)

Can't wait to know if it is real or not....it sounds strange to me because nobody i know did that...and they are a lot! only one is saying it is possible...

Everybody can do everything by Examiner. When need to do something it is impossible. Examiner is ONLY for diagnostics. Can't do more than readed ISO code module can to do. It is blocked by Italian Engeeners for selling new cars. In French and German you can add devices, usages by Service Computer. It is true. But in Fiat Group only diagnose.

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 06 Mar 2012, 20:14

fiatbravoemotion wrote:
EnIgMa wrote:I asked for a confirmation and a guy said it can be done with original fiat examiner... :? (i'm talking about hazard lights...when you brake hard..)

Everybody can do everything by Examiner. When need to do something it is impossible. Examiner is ONLY for diagnostics. Can't do more than readed ISO code module can to do. It is blocked by Italian Engeeners for selling new cars. In French and German you can add devices, usages by Service Computer. It is true. But in Fiat Group only diagnose.
I agree with you :)
But some function can be enabled aftermarket so.. I really hope that is possible to do what i proposed :)

Juggers2k

Post by Juggers2k » 07 Mar 2012, 12:48

Something that occurred to me last night - the GP has a courtesy light delay - i.e. the interior light and the puddle lights on the doors stay on for a period of time after you close the doors.
I don't know if this is done by timing circuitry in the light, or by the body controller of the car.
If it's the body controller, is it possible to change the length of time the light stays on?

There also seems to be a timer if the light is left on, after which it automatically turns off. It would be handy to be able to adjust that too, for the times when you're loading up the car in the dark and the light goes off!
2008 Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 8v Eleganza

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 10 Mar 2012, 11:02

Here it comes another request :)

Yani, is it possible to get the N75 valve value in Engine ECU parameters?
For who doesn't know, the N75 valve is that valve that control the wastegate actuator and allow the engine ecu to manage the boost pressure. (In italy is wrong called "The pierburg" because of the supplier)
It's a dutycicle thing so the value would be a percentage.

Because quite a lot of t-jet cars, sooner or later, run into this issue... :D

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 10 Mar 2012, 12:16

EnIgMa wrote:Here it comes another request :)

Yani, is it possible to get the N75 valve value in Engine ECU parameters?
For who doesn't know, the N75 valve is that valve that control the wastegate actuator and allow the engine ecu to manage the boost pressure. (In italy is wrong called "The pierburg" because of the supplier)
It's a dutycicle thing so the value would be a percentage.

Because quite a lot of t-jet cars, sooner or later, run into this issue... :D
Ok, I will check. But which engine/ECU are you talking about? I'm pretty sure that this parameter exists for all diesel ECUs.

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 10 Mar 2012, 12:19

Juggers2k wrote:Something that occurred to me last night - the GP has a courtesy light delay - i.e. the interior light and the puddle lights on the doors stay on for a period of time after you close the doors.
I don't know if this is done by timing circuitry in the light, or by the body controller of the car.
If it's the body controller, is it possible to change the length of time the light stays on?

There also seems to be a timer if the light is left on, after which it automatically turns off. It would be handy to be able to adjust that too, for the times when you're loading up the car in the dark and the light goes off!
This should be controlled by the software of the body computer module.
I think that it is not possible to change the delay. Unless someone modifies the software of the control unit and flashes it with the modified software.

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 10 Mar 2012, 12:24

EnIgMa wrote:Yani big news :D
I heard that the function of "hazard lights" should be deactivated/activated like belt buzz on body computer.
I'm talking about the function that activate all the indicator lights when you brake really hard...
this function is present on grande punto, grande punto abarth, 500 abarth...i think alfa romeo mito and so on and after year 2008 or 2009...

That function is known as one of the most annoying function on a car :) especially by track drivers :)

may you take a look? please please please? :)

Also, talking about windows... you know, the driver window goes completely up and down holding a little bit the switch...
Something like that could be done on passenger window as well.... i heard the closing function...not opening....
Well, of this one i really don't know... but if you can check it out :)

Let us know!!
Thank yoouuuu :D
Ok, I have to check this. Do you have an idea how to test if it is enabled or disabled on a specific car?
Maybe if I to go on the highway and speed up to 130 and then brake hard ... I will see the result (or someone who is driving behind me). But is there a simpler way to check it?