Grande Punto Requests

Post multiecuscan feature requests
fiatbravoemotion

Re: Grande Punto Requests

Post by fiatbravoemotion » 10 Mar 2012, 14:05

Ok, I have to check this. Do you have an idea how to test if it is enabled or disabled on a specific car?
Maybe if I to go on the highway and speed up to 130 and then brake hard ... I will see the result (or someone who is driving behind me). But is there a simpler way to check it?[/quote]

In Bravo from 2008 (HW.200) and Ducato I saw hazard lights on dashboard after hard braking. I don't know how we can test it. Send me a package and I will test it :).

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 11 Mar 2012, 18:15

yani wrote:
EnIgMa wrote:CUT

Yani, is it possible to get the N75 valve value in Engine ECU parameters?

CUT
Ok, I will check. But which engine/ECU are you talking about? I'm pretty sure that this parameter exists for all diesel ECUs.
I'm talking about grande punto 1.4 16v turbo (incl. abarth) equipped with Bosch Me7.9.10
That would be really interesting...
Ah, if you can also check for injectors duty cycle would be super awesome! :D
yani wrote:
EnIgMa wrote:CUT
I heard that the function of "hazard lights" should be deactivated/activated like belt buzz on body computer.
CUT
Ok, I have to check this. Do you have an idea how to test if it is enabled or disabled on a specific car?
Maybe if I to go on the highway and speed up to 130 and then brake hard ... I will see the result (or someone who is driving behind me). But is there a simpler way to check it?
No problem to test it :)
It's a function introduced after 2009 i guess.. I have to check the body computer software version or something..
I don't have that function but some friends with grande punto abarth and alfa romeo mito have it, so i can do some tests :)

I paste here what a guy wrote about this topic (it's in italian):
A seguito di una brusca frenata che provochi una decelerazione di 7 m/sec^2 della vettura (calcolata dal Body Computer in base alla velocità rilevata dai sensori ABS), il Body Computer attiva le luci di emergenza. Tale funzione viene automaticamente disattivata quando la decelerazione scende al di sotto della soglia di 2,5 m/sec^2 ]
In english is like:
when you brake hard and the deceleration is up to/above 7m/sec (calculated by Body Computer based on ABS input) the Body Computer will activate all the direction lights...
This function is deactivated when the deceleration goes below 2,5 m/sec

I thought about ESP ecu but it seems to be something on body computer.
By the way it happens at any speed! (or >30/50Km/h)

Thank youuu

ps.
Sorry to bother you :D but some time ago you said that you were going to check if it possible to deactivate/activate the ESP/ASR (especially ESP) function..
So if i want to deactive it for a track day and re-activate it at the end, i can do it without modify the cables of esp ecu.

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 11 Mar 2012, 21:09

well..
as i'm asking for advanced datalogging/diagnose... :D

I thought also for other parameters..
-Knocking sensor voltage/resistance (so no need to use expensive external devices for detecting knocks)
-AFR, i'm pretty sure engine ECU work with anf AFR target, but it's not a direct input like a sensor.... maybe it's just calculated by the software...

and Yani, if you want, think about what i'm going to say...maybe for a future version (4.x? :D ).
This could be a great function..
It is already present on other softwares, like ScanXL from palmerperformance and maybe it's under copyright

I'm talking about maps tables generated from parameters...
Jut like graphs but in table view.

A sample here: http://www.palmerperformance.com/produc ... s/maps.png

Can't think about that on FES... i could be over excited :lol:

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 15 Mar 2012, 07:24

Ok, generation of "maps" should be relatively simple. I can add this functionality.

I already added a few new parameters to Bosch Me7.9.10 (including turbo actuator valve opening) but unfortunately there is no parameter for injector duty cycle.

About ESP - I can disable this in the body computer (I can make it think that it is a normal ABS module) but I'm not sure if this will disable the functionality of the module itself.

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 15 Mar 2012, 20:36

yani wrote:Ok, generation of "maps" should be relatively simple. I can add this functionality.

I already added a few new parameters to Bosch Me7.9.10 (including turbo actuator valve opening) but unfortunately there is no parameter for injector duty cycle.

About ESP - I can disable this in the body computer (I can make it think that it is a normal ABS module) but I'm not sure if this will disable the functionality of the module itself.
well done, well done :)

no problem for injectors.
For the ESP you mean that you have to do a PROXY everytime you want to re-activate the esp module? i think it won't be that big deal... :)

what about knock sensor voltage? :)

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 03 Apr 2012, 23:42

tadaa :D
Here we go with another request :D
Please Yani don't kill me ^^ I'm just a big fan of yours :P

I'm reading some papers about motronic system by Bosch...and I read that a ME ecu is capable of simulate the exhaust temperature...
Here a little quote from the book:
High exhaust-gas temperatures can
damage exhaust-system components.
Therefore, a model incorporated within
the ECU is employed to simulate these
temperatures. Extreme requirements for
monitoring precision can be satisfied by
installing a temperature sensor. Temperatures
beyond a defined threshold
trigger mixture enrichment, which cools
the exhaust by extracting heat energy
to vaporize the fuel.....ecc.
is there anyway to get that value? (temp.) or the threshold point value and in this case of course the trigger status (OFF/ON)?
I would be very curious to compare that value to a real value taken from an EGT probe.. :)

ps.
in my case, it should be implemented on Bosch ME7.9.10 :D

EnIgMa

Post by EnIgMa » 19 Jan 2013, 19:54

any news about hazard lights on an emergency brake? and esp on/off? :D

Jaroust

Grande Punto Starjet 1,4 16V 95CV (MY2007)

Post by Jaroust » 27 Jan 2013, 13:59

Hello Yani, will you add support for Bosch Motronic Me7.6.3 CF4/EOBD Injection (16V) please?