Alfa Romeo 159 Window closure and Auto wing mirror close

Post multiecuscan feature requests
rex1825

Re: Alfa Romeo 159 Window closure and Auto wing mirror close

Post by rex1825 » 23 Jun 2021, 00:05

...don't know if anyone managed to do something regarding closing windows (via key fob) or opening/closing mirrors when unlocked/locked, but here is the thing.

Every 159 after mid 2008 (face lift model) had disabled closing windows via key fob, only way from outside is to stick physical key into lock, and hold in lock position (same happens on earlier versions). This was apparently done due to the injuries that happen when remote closing windows, so AR (or FIAT) disabled it.
Simple solution is to find door computers from models before mid 2008 (aka pre-face lift) and replace it with current modules. Some people had success with downgrading door computer firmware to previous models.

Regarding auto fold mirrors, this was only option with Brera/Spider as far as I know, those two use different door computers. So no 159 model had it.

Now, there are OBD dongles that have this kind of possibility (pre programmed). For example, window closing is simple triggered as sending PID code for closing to CAN when holding lock button on fob which is spamming PID of that command over CAN, and that OBD dongle/module senses/reads it.
Also mirror close/open is achieved when sending PID code to CAN if unlock/lock button is pressed 2x in short time (same, OBD dongle/module sensing 2x PID over CAN).
But there is no way to program this into main body computer (or any other), so it is programmed into external OBD dongle/module that needs to be present at OBD2 port all the time.

I have for example 159 Ti SW 2.4JTDm Q-Tronic (missing front park sensors, dusk sensor and tire pressure sensors), everything else my car has, yet 2 things are missing, auto folding mirrors (not available on 159), and closing windows via key fob (newer model).

I'd like to get all that to work, and much more TBH.

Cheers...

GeoReabe

-

Post by GeoReabe » 15 Mar 2022, 16:33

Hello Doug,

There is not an auto-capture on marked shipped. This is a minor UI issue it would seem. As Im 100 certain that people will capture the money before shipping the product Ill get it reported however.