Alfa Romeo 159 Window closure and Auto wing mirror close

Post multiecuscan feature requests
camil

Re: Alfa Romeo 159 Window closure and Auto wing mirror close

Post by camil » 16 Oct 2011, 22:01

I did send log from my car that has foldin mirrors. It's posted in Alfa 147 window auto closure discussion.
My car is 159 my06 sw with remote closing windows and floding mirrors. Also it has rain sensor that I would like to disable.
Does your car have a folding mirrors automaticallly? That means when you're closing a car from a key, does mirrors close either? And then when you open a car and put a key on it, do they automatically go up?

And if it's about rain sensor you can easily turn it off from an on-board computer menu as far as I remember.

One more thing - I've activated folding mirrors in Spider today. As I've read before all Spiders and Breras should have automatically folding mirrors option built-in. Well, that one which I've bought, haven't. So I did two things - I've activated on-screen parking help with only rear sensors installed in a vehicle, and I've activated automatically folding mirrors. First I did a proxy alignment from Alfa 159 2,4 (with this I've activated a parking screen), but after this odometer was blinking, so I've made a proxi alignment from Brera 2,4 (because Nuova Spider is not listed in FES at all), and that's how both functions are working well.

I will test this functions in a 159 either when mine will be back from a mechanic workshop and let you know if it's working.

One more thing which I cannot activate in this Spider is closing windows with a key (they go dwon with any problem of course). I really don't understand why, because it has a SuperLock funtion built-in(it's a High version of BodyComputer, it has got a front hood opening sensor and a windshield liquid level sensor for example), so the two presses from the key are working, but nothing is happening when I press it for a few secs. I think the problem may be a passenger door central. FES doesn't show any errors in it, but I've noticed, that when I'm in the car and I want to close a drivers window, when I pull the button for longer than a second it is automatically going up. It doesn't work in passengers door. I have to pull the button all time when the window is closing otherwise it stops when I release a button.
--------
Best Regards
Camil

Alfa 159 2,4 Q4

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 18 Oct 2011, 10:20

maunu wrote:I did send log from my car that has foldin mirrors. It's posted in Alfa 147 window auto closure discussion.
My car is 159 my06 sw with remote closing windows and floding mirrors. Also it has rain sensor that I would like to disable.
So, your car has folding mirrors? I didn't know that.

camil

Post by camil » 18 Oct 2011, 12:56

yani wrote:
maunu wrote:I did send log from my car that has foldin mirrors. It's posted in Alfa 147 window auto closure discussion.
So, your car has folding mirrors? I didn't know that.
IMHO, he doesn't. I haven't seen any Alfa 159 with automatically folding mirrors... unless he's got something custom modified:)

Yani, I would like to ask, how similar are the body computers from Brera, Spider and Alfa 159. I'm asking, because I have situation like that: for now I've got a Spider Nuova (2007) 2,4 JTDm. It is not supported by FES, but I did Proxy Alignment from Brera 2,4 JTDm, and what I've observed is:
- I've got automatically folding mirrors which is very good:)
- I've lost on-screen indicator when I'm opening or closing a sunroof which is bad:(
additionally, earlier I've added an on-screen parking indicator and I've made a proxi alignment from 159 and it does work (which is either very good:)).

One more thing which I cannot run is closing windows from a key. I've got anti-trap sensors, and it seems they are working, becasue I have correct voltage on it (look for the screens below):
drivers_door.jpg
drivers_door.jpg (88.96 KiB) Viewed 12337 times
passengers_door.jpg
passengers_door.jpg (91.49 KiB) Viewed 12337 times
So I don't really know why it still doesn't work. Any ideas?

And about auto folding mirrors, I think only way to make it work is copy this function from Brera/Spider computer to 159 computrer. If it's possible ofcourse.
--------
Best Regards
Camil

Alfa 159 2,4 Q4

maunu

Post by maunu » 18 Oct 2011, 18:12

Yes I don't have automatically folding mirrors. Never said that I have.

amiko

Post by amiko » 19 Oct 2011, 06:28

I have one question, regarding terminology you are using.
For understanding, I need to know what do you mean saying: "on-screen indicator" and "making proxi alignment"?
Please, explain theese termins, because I can not follow the topic without it.

yani
Site Admin

Post by yani » 19 Oct 2011, 11:07

amiko wrote:I have one question, regarding terminology you are using.
For understanding, I need to know what do you mean saying: "on-screen indicator" and "making proxi alignment"?
Please, explain theese termins, because I can not follow the topic without it.
"making proxi alignment" -> connect to your car with "CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment" and execute "PROXI Alignment Procedure".
"on-screen indicator" -> I don't know where I wrote this... but it is probably about the control light indicator or message on the dashboard display

marqo

Post by marqo » 19 Oct 2011, 11:33

"on-screen indicator" -> it is related to graphical parking sensor visualisation on the dashboard display
Alfa 159 1.9 JTDm 16V 180CV noDPF
Fiat 500X CityLook 1.6 e-torque 110CV

amiko

Post by amiko » 19 Oct 2011, 12:04

marqo wrote:"on-screen indicator" -> it is related to graphical parking sensor visualisation on the dashboard display
Many thanks!
I have NO parking control system, so I did not know that.
yani wrote:"making proxi alignment" -> connect to your car with "CAN Setup / PROXI Alignment" and execute "PROXI Alignment Procedure".
"on-screen indicator" -> I don't know where I wrote this... but it is probably about the control light indicator or message on the dashboard display
For example?

P.S. sorry for off topic posting, but this is the termin which I need to understand.

bnj

Post by bnj » 27 Nov 2011, 16:11

Hey, it's been almost two years since this feature is requested by people here on the forums and almost as long since I'm waiting to buy FES to enable this.
Is there any chance of this getting into one of the next FES releases or it's impossible?
There is no 159 that has this feature, it's a Brera/Spider only thing

I understand that the windows closure it's tricky, but please Yani, give us a definitive answer about the folding mirrors. Thanks.

Tazman3

Post by Tazman3 » 21 Dec 2011, 10:28

Anything more in this yani??
Alfa Heaven