Service Reset Date Error

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
drcleveland

Service Reset Date Error

Post by drcleveland » 27 Jan 2022, 03:27

I am using Version 4.8 on a 2018 US version Alfa Romeo 2.0 Liter Stelvio TI. I performed a Service Reset last weekend following an oil change, and wanted to enter 23 January 2022 as the Last Service Date. An onscreen popup message advised me to enter the date as "DDMMYYYY", a reasonable recommendation as that would be a European-style date format. I entered "23012022" but doing so failed to complete the update, and multiecuscan did not advise why the update failed. I re-tried this a few times after disconnecting and reconnecting my ELM 327 interface, without success. Eventually I tried entering "01232022", and doing so worked notwithstanding the instructions in the popup.

I had chosen metric units in settings, and do not believe there was a choice for date formats. My car is a North American model. It apparently prefers US-style rather than European-style dates. Perhaps the popup will need to be revised or the error messaging improved.

Great software in any event. Thanks for creating it.

DRC
Big Sky. MT

s130

Re: Service Reset Date Error

Post by s130 » 27 Jan 2022, 11:24

Not sure, but think that it is your cars body computer that is determining the date format.

What does your car normally say for date?

Yani must have just put ddmmyyyy as a text string. Also not sure if the program can query the car to get it's used date format.
Fiat Strada/Ritmo Abarth 130TC, Barchetta 2005 , 500X Cross Plus

drcleveland

Re: Service Reset Date Error

Post by drcleveland » 28 Jan 2022, 03:29

It may indeed be based on the car body computer. My Stelvio is displaying “Thu Jan 27” tonight on its central screen. The date format does not appear to be changeable in the car’s settings. The Change Date settings screen does however use a European format, with adjustment of the day first followed by the month and then the year.

In version 4.8 of Multiecuscan the Last Service Date is not entered using a text string. The user instead selects digits from eight drop-down digit counters.

DRC
Big Sky MT