MES registered in win XP doesnt work, works on Win10

Report any bugs found in multiecuscan
ngt

MES registered in win XP doesnt work, works on Win10

Post by ngt » 31 Dec 2020, 12:53

I just bought MES 4.7 and used a blue VAG/KL cable i was using with the old free version of MES 3.1
- Just bought a new-old laptop with windows xp on it (and win 10 in different partition) SO i registred the MES 4.7 to windows xp partition.
- I connect to the blue vag/KL interface. Detects interface by itself. No latency problems. Detects the ECU by itself with Ignition ON.
-So now the problem is that while i am connected with no errors. I cant do pretty much anything with the program. I try to log in some parameters and they dont tick. I try to enable the radiator fans says failed to execute.
-So what i do is boot into my windows 10 partition and install MES 4.7 over there, without registering it because i already registered on the other partition tht produces different hw id number.
AND GUESS WHAT ? WORKS FINE ! i tried also different baud rates and latencies, it doesnt care it works just fine....

So whats the culprit here with WINDOWS XP ? IS there is compatibility issue with windows xp and MES4.7 ?
Last edited by ngt on 31 Dec 2020, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

shpuncik

Re: MES registered in win XP doesnt work, works on Win10

Post by shpuncik » 31 Dec 2020, 13:19

probably problems with .NET on Win XP

ngt

Re: MES registered in win XP doesnt work, works on Win10

Post by ngt » 31 Dec 2020, 13:26

OK so what should i do ? Request a free registeration code on my windows 10 partition canceling the winxp registration code ? or wait for a fix ?